It's that time of year again!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

diehard2

3 Likes

Anyone else a Diehard fan that watches it every Christmas?

1 Like

I don’t watch it every year, but regularly. I have the first 2 on DVD. And the 2nd was on TV at the weekend.

We get “3 Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel” over here every year. It is a classic, a re-telling of Cinderella. I remember seeing the English version when I was a kid in the UK, but they only ran it for a couple of years, then I found out it is a Christmas tradition in Germany.

We also get Dinner for One on New Year’s Eve

This is a German production, but in English! Freddie Frinton was a classic stage comedian in the UK and did this for German TV, in English, but nobody (hardly anybody) in England has seen it…

2 Likes

I am a big Die Hard fan. I have watched this every year since it first came out on VHS. It was just a fun adventure and Bruce Willis was such a smart aleck it made the movie fun. AND OMG the performance of Alan RIckman as Hans Gruber was the whole movie.

2 Likes

3 Likes

One of the channels here did Christmas in July and ran the three movies back to back for 24 hrs or something, so I’ve had my fill for the year, just 6 months early :wink: It’s definitely a Christmas classic of its own sort.