HOP 87: No More Instagram for Photographers?

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. I like the number of people I can reach with my photography on Instagram, but at the same time the amount of skin you show often dictates how many people you reach, which doesn’t do my landscape photography any good. I use Facebook for keeping in touch with my friends and family, but I don’t have a public presence there. I used to be on Twitter, but left due to the complete strangers harassing me.

I wish there was a community with a large number of people who appreciate photography that I could share my work and get feedback. Instagram is close, but not ideal.

1 Like

Word. I get that. Does Flickr interest you? Thanks for watching the show

2 Likes

I used to use Flickr, but I post very rarely. In fact, I don’t think I uploaded anything in the last 12 months.

The only place I really post is here, on the TWiT community.

I don’t use Instagram or Facebook - in fact, they are both blocked at the DNS level for privacy reasons (tracking), so I’ve never experienced Instagram. But what I can say, from Twitter, is that I look at the photos that scroll by, but I ignore the videos most of the time. Mainly because I am usually somewhere, where playing a video, with sound, would be inappropriate or disturb others, so video is often totally irrelevant.

I also prefer photos, they let you use your imagination more to fill out the scene.

1 Like

I used to use Flickr, but stopped around the time they were purchased by SmugMug. I’ll have to give it another try and see if it meets my needs.

1 Like