HOP 184: Just Go Shoot

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

Thanks for everything, Ant. I’ll miss HoP.

5 Likes

Such a shame. I usually listen to podcasts on the bike or walking the dog, which makes a visual show like HoP a non-starter.

It was a show that I’d binge watch, when I got time. I’ll miss it, even if I wasn’t a regular watcher or subscriber.

FoP was the one I subscribed to and listened to every week, but that didn’t last long. :frowning:

I’m guessing you will remain on the other TWiT shows and as Community Manager? I love listening to you and your shows. :fist_right:

2 Likes

Thx. Yes, sir. I will still be doing my other production stuff at the network. Thank you for the support

4 Likes

I 'preciate you, sir.

5 Likes

Gonna miss your dulcet tones, no offence to @JasonHowell I can live without Android, but I’ve been a photographer for amost 60 years since I got my first camera for a birthday :flushed:

2 Likes

Thank you for your support, sir.

1 Like

Sad news. Will miss HOP. It was Ant’s photography shows at TWiT that motivated me to dust off the DSLR I hadn’t used for ages. It’s sat next to me here :camera:

4 Likes

Always sad when a show gets the axe. But in today’s world, it’s unfortunately understandable. Perhaps there could be something done in Club TWiT to keep the photographers happy. Ant, I understand you might have some pull there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll admit I wasn’t the best about keeping up with episodes, but I’m really going to miss this podcast! It gave me so much inspiration for my own photography journey.

Any chance we can get some of these tips and tricks in the future in another venue, like Instagram or somewhere?

5 Likes

Maybe @Leo would bless us using #twitpixon on Instagram

Absolutely heartbroken over this - loved HOP and learned a helluva lot from @ant_pruitt!! I’ll keep watching you on TWiG (flogging Jeff!! :grinning:), will see you around the Community AND will look forward to your next gig on TWiT. Stand tall my friend…

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words

1 Like

I can’t make any promises far as photography content.
I’ve poured all of me into two photography shows that are now cancelled. Cancelled because there were no/low downloads. No/low downloads means no sponsors. That’s the business, ya know.

Right now there’s the weekly-ish photo sharing thread here in Discourse and a photography channel in the Club TWiT discord. Not much activity in either. And that’s ok. But writing is on the wall. You awesome TWiT fans are more into other tech than into photography. Even TWiP is no longer at TWiT. Not to mention, I have no desire to do stupid faces on thumbnails, click bait titles or sensational photo-related news stories like some of the popular YouTubers do. That ain’t me. I’ll continue to shoot at my leisure and for the few paid options I have. I hope those of you that are interested in shooting will continue to do so, too.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not making any promises on this. At this time, my social media is dedicated to family promotional content. The tips and tricks never got any traction. Maybe on YouTube, but I can’t make any promises. My YouTube channel continues to get views and pay me lunch money even though I’ve not uploaded in six months. We’ll see

Thank you very much, sir. I shall.

1 Like

Understood. Thank you for all that you do Ant! While your shows have been cancelled I certainly appreciate all the knowledge and inspiration you have shared. I will continue to safely create and dominate, as I hope you will as well!

1 Like

The fault was not in Ant by any means. I can’t imagine a better host for that show. He was calm, entertaining, informative. I still say he’s the Bob Ross of photography.

Old timers will remember when Catherine Hall and I also failed with This Week in Photography. There’s just something about the category that defies our attempts to make a show about it. Sigh. Breaks my heart, too.

5 Likes

@Leo I can never quite grasp the term you guys use to describe something that ends up eating itself, business wise.

But that ha happened to most media in recent years. Films have become all horror or superhero and there will be only one winner in the Marvel vss DC DC fight.

TV has sunk to the depths of the Kardashians and any other bunch that want to be reality whether it be peddling pawn or popping pimples.

Music is awful anyone make an album in the bedroom., and many shouldn’t.

As for photography, it’s been dumbed down to the point where you don’t need skill, the world switched to smartphones then the makers threw in AI to hand hold and improve you.

The problem skilled creatives face is that we have become from the bottom up a 30 second consuming society. We don’t need a print to go on the wall, we can glance on a screen, we don’t need high quality sound and music we are too busy watching TikTok at the same time.

4 Likes

Forgot to say to @ant_pruitt we are still planning being over there for next January and will be travelling up from SF to Glass Beach, so will be passing Petaluma - see ya for lunch :grin:

2 Likes