Do I need to just update?

Ok. So I have a 2012 MacBook Pro with a parellels partition with windows 10 on it. I believe I have 8 gigs of ram and 2 dedicated to parellels. I need windows to run a proprietary accounting program that doesn’t run on Mac. I have an internal ssd drive in it that’s been full so I have an external ssd for pictures. Is it worth a new battery install?
Just wondering if I should just update laptops . This one seems to run ok but I’m not using it for a very big load. It’s 7 or 8 years old though. Just not sure now is the time to spend the $$$ for a new MacBook.
I’ve heard that the keyboards weren’t the best on the newer ones but maybe that’s been fixed now.
I’m leaning towards just fixing the battery and go another year or 2 but would also like the latest and greatest to.

I have an iMac and use parallels as well. I have an SSD attached via USB. It runs fine.

If yours run fine, why upgrade? I think you continue to use it until it gets sluggish OR when latest MacOS is incompatible which I think will be next year.

Then when you do get a new laptop you will have the latest.

3 Likes