Bye-bye Triangulation

I wonder why Triangulation is on hiatus. Maybe because 2 of the shows hosts, Leo and Ant, will be at CES? I hope it’ll return soon!

2 Likes

In general? It’s now TWiT’s holiday schedule until January 3rd (or around that date).

Just announced? It sounds like something that has been brewing for some time. Perhaps scheduling issues or viewership.

2 Likes

This tells me that it is a longer term thing.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought

Congratulations @mikahsargent!!!

7 Likes

Bummer…one of my favorite TWiT shows.

2 Likes

We’re canceling it. Too few listeners unfortunately. 20,000 downloads is not sustainable for very long.

5 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: Another show to miss. :cry:

2 Likes

sorry to hear that, looking forward to seeing the same caliber of great interviewees on the other shows though!

1 Like

We are launching more shows soon. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Looking forward to them!

Makes sense…this was the kind of show that I never subscribed to, but once a month or so would look at the feed to see if there was someone interesting to me being interviewed

2 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t imagine subscribing either, too many times I’ve started to watch one I thought might be interesting, only to hit abort in the first 5 minutes. Same thing with FLOSS Weekly.

(Well let’s be honest, I don’t subscribe to any podcast… because I strongly dislike automation filling my disks with content… I don’t have need to have content at the ready… I go stream it, replacing TV, when I am bored and want something to watch.)

2 Likes

I subscribe but also stream. You don’t need to set them to automatically download.

Are you really short on disk space or something?

1 Like

I would take the contrarian view… why would I waste the space when I can stream whenever I’m in the mood? It seems senseless… I have a fast internet, and I don’t need it “queued up” and I really dislike “automatic” anything like this. Ain’t no computer gonna decide my tastes for me.

1 Like

I subscribe to audio podcasts to make sure I’m contributing to the subscriber numbers that help TWiT attract advertisers. Generally I listen on my phone and like to have a nice menu of items waiting for me in my player app. If it’s convenient and the show merits it, I might stream the video on my iPad instead and delete the audio file. Occasionally, if I can’t guarantee to stay in front of the iPad, I’ll set both to play in sync and mute the iPad audio, so I can keep listening to the audio during any interruption.

Back on topic. The drawback with Triangulation for me was that there were always a number of interviews that didn’t interest me, which discouraged me from subscribing. By contrast, finding an interview segment that doesn’t much interest me inside a longer show which I do like isn’t going to bother me or make me think of unsubscribing from that show.

1 Like

Downcast (and I bet most pod catchers) has a feature to limit the number of podcasts it keeps. I have most of my subscriptions set to 3. If I don’t get to it, it gets deleted which is fine with me. TWiT shows are the first ones watched so I never lose one.

You must always be connected to the internet, have a cheap, unlimited data plan, and/or have good bandwidth. I have none of the above.

LOL

2 Likes

Bummer. Makes sense though.

1 Like

I wish subscribing via YouTube would count because I subscribe to all of my favorite shows there and upvote most of the episodes.

I’ll miss it to, one of my faverites.

1 Like