Andy Ihnatko - is he an Apple maven AND a Google guy?

You see, Paul Thurrott is a long time (over 20 years) Apple user. If you read his website, you’d see that he regularly covers Apple products, is a big ChromeOS fan and uses a wide range of technology on a regular basis.

If anything, Paul is an Amiga “fan boy”.

And I disagree, they should be functioning as generalists. They should be looking, and have experience, beyond the borders of the topic at hand. Otherwise they cannot always see where their specialty topic has made errors - if you only ever used iPhones, for example, you’d never know how far behind they are in many areas, yet better in others. The same for Macs and MacOS etc.

The same general knowledge of IT is also what helps Paul to be able to criticise Microsoft (and Apple, Google etc.) with authority. He knows each manufacturer’s products and uses them regularly.

4 Likes

Yes, Paul has used some Apple systems for a long time - but mostly he is an MS guru. Yes he was an Amiga guy as well, mentions Amiga every so often on the show but Amiga is dead. Being a generalist (as most of is who are heavy technologists are!!) is great, but on the show you should be an Apple maven, or MS or Google etc etc. Agree respectfully, to disagree

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. The last thing I want is an “Apple maven” giving me infromation about Apple’s latest products and happenings, I want a good, informed, independent opinion.

5 Likes

I agree with you. Professionally, I’m 99% Microsoft, but I appreciate other technologies and also have uses for them.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree :blush::+1:t2:

1 Like