About the FLOSS Weekly category

Hosted by Doc Searls

We’re not talking dentistry here; FLOSS is all about Free Libre Open Source Software. Join host Doc Searls and his rotating panel of co-hosts every Wednesday as they talk with the most interesting and important people in the Open Source and Free Software community.

Records live every Wednesday at 12:30pm Eastern / 9:30am Pacific.

1 Like

Welcome Doc - good to have you here

I respect the new direction that Doc Searls is taking but it has left a gap in the market for a podcast where you could learn about OSS software projects and hear from the developers of projects that I may have used for years or decades even. And over the years I have learned about a few software projects that I may have never looked at otherwise.

I have looked around but I have not found any podcasts that would offer regular in-depth interviews with OSS software developers. Any recommendations?

1 Like

I agree with you fax

Johnathan, tieing Chips together is basically what app just did with their Mac mini Ultra. they tied 2 M1-Maxs together. and also doubled the Bandwidth from 400MB/s to 800MB/s. And everyone is speculating that Apple is going to tie 4 M1-Maxs together to make a Mac Pro. VERY, VERY Impressive. Mind blowing!

It seems like we topped out at 5-6Ghz,as speed is concerned. It as partly do to physics and heat dissipation. Now Apple is heading the charge to make all the interconnections between chips small and much more efficient to work seemless together. You see Apple is bacicly adding mode CPUs without upping the Ghz rating of each CPU. This could be one reason apple is able to keep the heat down and have great battery life. When, in the past, have one wanted great battery live but also high power. We had to choose one or the other but not both. Now with my M!-Max I have both and I LOOOOVE IT!!