AAA 465: Sooner Sale of the Century

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

I wonder why you are all so eager to get call recording in Android. - I hardly ever phone people anyways, and when I do, I have no interest in/use for call recording, ever!

The last time I used this feature was in the 80s, when my mates and I did phone pranks…
(I wonder what happened to those tapes…) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure there are lots of professions that could use this as well as a lot of folks who want to keep others/companies honest

2 Likes

@wade_county: arena through week 11; jasonhowell 27 guests 25 Flo 23 ronxo 22 antpruitt 17

@ant_pruitt, you were wondering the reason for requiring open eyes for phone unlocking? It’s a security feature, isn’t it? You might think your eyes will always be open when your phone is in front of you, but what if you’re unconscious?

1 Like

All my work is short-term contract work, usually offered via agencies. I’ve found an automatic call recording app enormously helpful because I need to take notes of everything said by the recruiter to make sure I’m getting the full story and it’s consistent if I speak to more than one person, and when I get to speak to the end client. Being able to check back over a recording after the call is a great help to ensuring those notes are accurate and the contract offered matches what I was told. The app also allows me to whitelist all my personal contacts so they’re not recorded.

1 Like

Ah. I didn’t think about unconscious and someone needing to unlock your phone. But, if that happens, shouldn’t the emergency contact info show up on the screen?

1 Like

1 Like

Good point!

I haven’t been thinking of those trying to get into your phone to help but to hurt. I don’t know if that’s a thing.

1 Like