Why did I lose my Regular status?

I see that the REGULAR after my name has been removed. I guess because I don’t see eye to eye with the politics in general on this forum. At one time I did fell welcomed here, but not lately. I see since I am not wealthy and/or don’t have all the techy gadgets like the rest of you have, I don’t count as a welcomed member. I may not be as technically literate as most of you, but I do know more than you have prejudged me to have knowledge of. There are a few good people on this forum, I won’t say what I think of the rest of you.
Thank you all for making me feel soooo! welcomed. Hey, does anyone know where the ’ Delete my Account’ button is, if you find it, push it for me. Y’all have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi Jim :slight_smile: I am not aware of the history you are referring to but your situation relating to “regular” might be related to the way the forum software works. Or it may not of course.

Taken from the forum software manual: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/ Key sentence may be:

Trust Level 3 — Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

6 Likes

Yea, you beat me to it. If you don’t participate to a certain level, it can come and go.

5 Likes

lol triggered! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yup mine got removed too because during the pandemic issues I was in the hospital a lot and I wasn’t on here so it went bye bye.

4 Likes

Now, I’m not trust worthy according to a software program. Elon Musk must have been right, that we are living in a simulation if software make human decisions. Discourse needs to reprogram to give members with inverted personalities a fair chance to participate. Telling me or anyone else that they not trust worthy is not a good thing.
Did anyone find that ’ Delete my Account ’ button yet !

1 Like

@jimsolo, I asked the software about the delete button and it said!

But I did find this at : https://www.twit.community/tos

You may close your account at any time by e-mailing community@twit.tv.

I do not think it is a personal thing just some automated house keeping :slight_smile: Remembering it was probably the software that automatically gives out the rewards too. I for one love my digital overlords!

2 Likes

It’s totally automatic and it reflects your participation. If you don’t post regularly you’re not a regular. It’s not personal - it’s exactly as @rah and the Discourse rules said.

I can delete your account, but I won’t just in case you decide to visit again.

10 Likes

Nice one rah, is that a self portrait.

1 Like

Go ahead and delete me Leo. I’m done with this forum and Done with twit. You have lost all the respect I had for you and Twit.

Bye

sheesh… who peed in his corn flakes?

Just noticed I lost my “regular” status too. Must be because of my ugly feet :frowning: /sarcasm

5 Likes

Good grief. Such whining over nothing more than a tag. Lost regular status - big deal. It wouldn’t bother me any. @Leo I thought your explainer was helpful.

5 Likes

Just to be clear I wasn’t complaining in my post I was just pointing out that it happened to me too but life goes on. I’m saying this probably more for my benefit then others as I always feel like I didn’t explain enough lol

5 Likes

Apparently @jimsolo thought Twit was an echo chamber for his views on life and politics. Nice mature reaction to the situation. I guess maybe too much time in isolation or something.

3 Likes

it is not all about the regular stamp, did you read my entire post. I Thinks not. You will see what my fuss is about.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I understood your original post. It put the Regular into perspective. You couldn’t come to the forum for some real life reason on a regular basis for a while and you were therefore no longer a regular. That was a clear statement of fact.

5 Likes

Kinda glad I am not a regular.It would mean I am spending to much time on tech and not enough on fishing. Nothing better than cold water bass with garlic butter🎣

6 Likes

We’ll that escalated quickly. Life’s too short…

4 Likes

Hey! I’m not a regular any more either :triumph: damn it