What GPU should I use in the system I'm building

They said that there were to many so I unfortunately had to replace it but the sales guy installed it for me and it posted.

1 Like

Originally Posted: Sep 14, 5:28 PM

Originally Posted: Sep 14, 7:22 PM

up and running everything installed its working great but the fan dock seems to not be working properly they are spinning at high power and really loud. Anyone know about a good fan dock?

Also, any good fan control software?

Also, Also, should the front fans or the top fans be facing out?

Edited to correct:
Usually only rear and top fans face out, front draw air in. In your case if you have only front and top I would set the front to pull air in and the top to push the air out along with the back.

NO! just NO! Heat rises. The top should exhaust.

3 Likes

thanks, what about the fan dock?

@PHolder Windows still won’t see drive 3. Disk Management won’t even let me format it and it also says that the drive’s file system is RAW. I also seem to be having the same problem with an external SSD but that one has been having issues for a while.

Hmmm… this is not really my area of expertise, unfortunately, buy maybe this will help:

There’s some better command line instructions here.

You are correct @PHolder I was thinking about radiator placement for some reason.

tried that it failed. trying again

Maybe try plugging it into a different sata on the motherboard.

the format process from that article is running

seems to have failed again over night. It was at 29% when I went to sleep and was at 29% when I woke up. Now I tried to stop the format so I could start it over but it appears to still be running.

tried again and it got stuck at 29% again.

replace the drive…

I’m going to replace it.

I’ve noticed that when I reboot it to run software updates it takes forever to restart but when it’s actually running it works great ohter then the aforementioned hard drive issue.

Thank Microsoft for that. That’s why I use Linux most of the time. glad to hear you’re making progress ! good luck to you Sam. may the Computer gods shine down upon you.

actually it ended up being the bois checkong the bad drive

1 Like

@CleVeRFeLLa @PHolder @Pommster @JamesC_HTAssets
Now for some reason it won’t boot to windows automatically. The Windows install still works I’m able to select it manually. Also, the front panel connectors keep falling out any idea how I could combat it? I tried a zip tie it didn’t help.