VR Headset for PS4

What VR headset should we buy for 17 yr. old grandson to use with his PS4? He plays mostly football and baseball games.

There is only one choice… the official choice from Sony.

1 Like

Sorry but I’m not understanding. You have a PS4 and you want VR on it. Right? The VR part of PlayStation is PSVR 2, I think. So you need a PSVR 2 headset, which will be independent of the PS4. Depending on the games he’s playing, they may be available on the PSVR 2.

1 Like

The videos I watch on YouTube compare the PSVR to the Oculus Quest. Lot of pros and cons from the reviewers.

I love my Oculus Quest, but if you want to stay in the Sony ecosystem, that’s the PSVR2.

1 Like

Sure seems like the “screen door” effect and wired verses wireless would be significant but the tradeoff being library of software titles?

I don’t know how the screen door effect compares, just that it’s much improved on the Quest 2 from the original Quest. But wireless is definitely a plus - it’s the whole reason I chose the Quest. And switching ecosystems is a fine way to go if you don’t mind buying the games anew… The games are reasonably priced, like $15 for 2MD Football Unleashed…

1 Like

Don’t buy anything Oculus. They require a Facebook account to use their platform.

1 Like

Pretty sure my grandson has a Facebook account.