Verizon Wireless dragging their feet on WiFi calling E911 error

Hello, Newbie here, but long time Leo listener.

So, I’ll try to be brief, but I’m getting nowhere with Verizon Wireless. I have an iphone 11 pro, I’ve used wifi calling in the past several years with no issues. I’ve recently moved to another state, and about a month after I changed my e911 address for wifi calling, but as of 4/23/2020 it’s been locked up and won’t let me change it. AT ALL. it’s stuck on my previous address. I’ve chatted w/ verizon wireless, I have an “escalated” ticket number, even they have admitted THEY CAN’T CHANGE IT EITHER!!! So all I’ve been told since 4/23/2020 is “We’re working on it”.

I reset, restored over a dozen times. Still, the wifi e911 address won’t change. I’ve even tried to change it from my computer on their website. All I get is a error message saying, “There are no devices on your account that require a 911 address.” I’ve contacted apple, (twice) and after escalation, they’ve determined it’s not their software issue, it’s Verizon.

So my question is, who can I contact at Verizon to get them to fix this dangerous software problem?? I’m very nervous if I need to call 911 from my home address & EMT/Police/Fire go to another house, not mine due to Verizon’s inability to fix the e911 address.

Any advice?? Ask any questions, I’ve done all I can to get verizon to step it up, but all they tell me via FB messenger is “it’s in the hands of the team that can get this fixed.” It’s been almost a month now.

Corey

1 Like

Many wireless companies are slow to fix things and from the error message saying there are no devices on your account that require a 911 address. I would say that is definitely on Verizon to fix. Maybe keep calling them and keep giving them the same information, complain, get mad even. If you haven’t already I would contact them with that error message that seems to be a huge clue as to what the problem is. Other then that all I can say is I’m sorry you are going through this, I’ve been there and it sucks but it just takes time and getting irate when calling them to finally find the right person that actually knows what they are talking about and fix the issue. Otherwise just keep in mind that the address is incorrect and try to relay that to the dispatcher if you ever need to call 911. They know these issues exist and should be open to hearing you give them the correct information.

1 Like

I’d be threatening to leave them for another carrier. That usually gets them moving.

2 Likes

Thanks, James, I’ve done exactly as you’ve said, even sent them a screen shot of the error. Looks like I’ll just have to wait, it seems so silly that it’s gone on this long. I imagine a bunch of college kids at home fielding these messages & just replying textbook responses. Thanks for your input!

Yup, did that, nothing seems to motivate these people. I really don’t wanna leave, but it just doesn’t make sense that it’s not a simple fix. Thank you for your input, MacPhyle!

1 Like

You could try visiting a Verizon store and see if they will be any better about helping you with your situation. Also if you have access to another phone you could try swapping your sim and setting up a different phone then switching back sometimes doing stuff like that is enough to knock it lose in the system.

2 Likes

Hi, James, I visited a store in the first week of the problem, and the employee just kept blaming Apple, and wouldn’t even look at my phone. Total blow off. This is why I need to get to someone in charge.

As far as another phone, not sure how I would do the sim swap, don’t have another phone I can use at the moment. However, I did do the sim removal & replacement & got the same results. image

2 Likes

Ok I’m all out of ideas then. I hope they get it fixed for you soon.

Just a couple of links just incase 1 might help.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202066/
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204184/

2 Likes

Thanks, James for your help anyway!! At least I know it’s not me thinking this is ridiculous… have a great weekend!!!

2 Likes

Try submitting a complaint with the FCC: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
(assuming you’re a US citizen - Philly native?? go birds!)

I complained to them a few years back when T-Mobile first started their zero-rating scheme for streaming video and actually got a letter from a T-Mo exec. We had a protracted debate about why it was a network neutrality violation. I didn’t really expect them to change anything, just wanted my voice on the record. The FCC didn’t do anything about it, but it sure seemed to get the carrier’s attention.

2 Likes

Ah, did not think of FCC. Will do that, despite not having high hopes. but it’s all I can do for now, thank you.

Ummm, ya, a fan of the 'birds as well as the band!!

Fly Eagles Fly!!

2 Likes