UK bookstore recommendation

Sometime this week (ending 4-2-21, someone on Twit recommended a UK bookseller as an Amazon alternative.

I was listening to the podcast while walking and did not write down the tip. Can’t remember if it was Mike Elkin, or Alex Lindsey or who gave this recommendation. I was listening to This Week in Tech, and This Week in Google, and Macbreak Weekly (even though I have no Apple products) - (and some other shows like All About Android and Windows weekly, Tech News today, etc) but I think it was one of the first three.

I appreciate the name of the bookstore if anyone remembers. Thanks

It was actually @JeffJarvis on TWIG. Blackwell’s, who started in Oxford near me.

https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/about

2 Likes

Got most of my academic books from Blackwells when I was at university in Newcastle. Don’t know if it’s still there - it was twenty years ago!

2 Likes

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever bought online from them. These were physical stores I went to!

1 Like

Yeah, the Oxford shop is one of my favourite places. Hope it’s still there post pandemic!

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I just signed up for Blackwell’s email list. I am so grateful for the TWIT community and all I learn here.

Ruh Alice

2 Likes