TWiT Moments You Loved

Since TWiT.tv is currently down due to power outages, I thought I’d just watch some fun TWiT moments from over the years.

Of course, a thread like this couldn’t exist without this first video, so here we go.

Remember when this happened to @Leo?

Please, feel free to add your own favourites! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

When Leo and Paul Thurrott got their heads shaved for UNICEF certainly stands out…

It almost looks like a bad photoshop!

Clips (with timestamps)

Leo

Paul

Leo’s certainly went a bit more smoothly. :wink:

4 Likes

On TWIG when Jason locked himself out of google account on air because he was using google voice for 2FA. It was hilarious yet I felt so bad for him.

8 Likes

Oh, I remember that! I really felt bad because I’ve already lost a Google account that I was never able to get back. I know that “Oh crap” feeling.

1 Like

This is an old one but the Bob Heil episode of Triangulation as he was talking about working with classic rock bands:

4 Likes

Galaxy Note pen debacle stands out

6 Likes

Wow, number 8! Was it that far back? I guess time flies. But that episode is still worth going back to. I’d also go back and listen to the Jerry Pournelle episodes.

2 Likes

Only discovered this today (few years before I found TWiT), but Leo rifling through Sarah Lane’s bag. :grin:

3 Likes

Bob is Rock’n’Roll history!

The unboxing of the “trash can” Mac Pro was a classic. I don’t own a Mac, an iPhone or any Apple hardware - I just watch the show for Andy’s comments.

1 Like

Do not cross Leo .

4 Likes

The time someone called The Tech Guy when she couldn’t connect to her neighbor’s WiFi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ziWaxq78UU

5 Likes

That is pretty funny (that lady’s wifi call) :slight_smile:

I tried to find this moment on youtube but wasn’t able to. It was the Windows Weekly episode where they were at a Microsoft event and Paul flies across the frame into some beanbags. That still makes me chuckle thinking about it.

One of my favorites even after 10 years…

6 Likes

Anything with Dvorak.

3 Likes

I liked to watch him on ZDTV

Leo’s popping ball chair is a classic! Another funny one was from Windows Weekly #135 (Dec. 18, 2009), at 1:19:10 when Leo shares a photo he took of his wife (Jennifer) asleep on the floor amid wrapping paper etc. I laughed so hard!

3 Likes

I remember this too. Paul’s comment about drawing a white outline around her put this one over the top for me.

2 Likes

This was an awesome topic. Thank you for putting it up here. I do remember hearing or seeing most of these as they happened.

1 Like