TWIT 825: Doin' Tweets

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

A couple of thoughts regarding the F-150 Lightning:

1. The rural/agricultural users of F-150 are relatively likely to use an electric truck or an electric ATV because it is convenient to recharge on-farm. It’s pretty common for farm houses or pole barns to have a gasoline and/or diesel storage tank on premises, because they use a lot of fuel seasonally and it’s not like a farmer 30 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart has a gas station around the corner.

2. Utility scale solar plants are becoming more common in the heartland of America, sometimes on pasture, some times on row crop land. I say this to point out that it’s possible an F-150 Lightning could be charged with green power even today, even in rural America.

3 Likes

Agreed. If it makes sense financially/moves a business away from tech that might ultimately become phased out, they’ll do it. My BIL manages a large arable estate here. Seeing him tomorrow actually for the first time since the pandemic started. I’m sure we’ll have a geek out on the latest tech he’s using. Last time I was there he was already using GPS controlled hybrid machinery.

1 Like

The issue here is price and availability. I know Ford has a motor speedway parking lot full of brand new F-150 trucks waiting for chips to be able to sell them.

2 Likes