TWIT 806: I Don't Know Jack

Sorry, but that shoulda been the show title. Denise Howell said it, but not with the same meaning, lol.

I REALLY like Denise Howell. She’s smart. She knows the law, which everyone should learn more about. When push comes to shove, its black letter law that counts, not “But YourHonor! (done in Hamilton Burger voice) I dont think thats right cause it doesnt make sense” You’re going to die poor if u wait for the law to make sense.
I wish Denise had said more. She was the voice of experience and reason there.

Take aways…
1.Thank You Leo for saying many of us do not geek out over whats new, and just want things to work. I’m not into the Super Geek side of things. I really enjoy the educated, informed journalist side of the shows

1. There are people who work a good part of their lives working the back side of the clock for $15 bucks an hour. It really sounds privileged when someone who is working a gig as a TV/podcast Host, whines about a 1am call. How awful. Dont tell me…you had to open your own bottle of water too. People who live inside a bubble, need to get out and see the real world. Sorry Im cynical here, but it came off as being very privileged. If u dont want to be up all night, dont take the gig, its that simple
    Also, and i hate to say this…but almost all “older” men fawn over young, especially attractive women. Ive seen it so many times. It gives thme the feeling of being younger , and that they still have appeal. I understand. But its the kind of thing to keep in private. In public, it puts u on that slippery slope from elder statesman, to creepy old guy. I know, Leo, I know. You were just trying to be a gracious host. And you are a very gracious host, but there is a line somewhere out there between gracious and enamored. “Off sides, offense, number 1. 5 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.”

2. Content…Lots of chatter about Twitter and FB banning Trump. IDK what there is to be on the fence about. It is not legal to run into a crowded theater and falsely yell fire. Inciting insurrection by broadcasting loads of falsehoods is, as i see it, the same thing. Insurrection and rioting endangers peoples lives. Would it be OK if Trump…if anyone…threatened the lives of other over twitter. Is slander protected by “free speech” NO, and NO.
    “Free Speech” does not entitle anyone to just say anything, anywhere. Its just interpreted as so by those who want to say anything, anywhere, for their own (usually harmful) causes. Same goes for the 2nd amendment.

3. The future of CES. Virtual? in person? Must be a slow news day. What is the point of conjecturing about that? I guess its just a time honored tradition to try to predict the future. I put it in the “Who cares” department. It is what it is. I would have like to have heard more about what was at CES, not about the Virtualness of the convention.

4.Oh, and the Hellabytes. That was funny. I enjoyed it. Sounds like a religious sect out in Manitoba somewhere…The Hellabytes. lol.

I still listen to all the TWIT shows all the time, and i wish there were more advertisers. really. I learn a lot about products from listening to the shows. All these products are getting free advertising, and i wish they would step up to the plate, and back the show that backs their products. Where’s Apple? One of the reasons a lot of ppl DONT buy Apple products, is cause they have frequently been a bunch of arrogant SOB’s. Its good to be the best, but its also good to be a citizen of the world…

Thats just the way it looks from where im sitting…

beth marshall

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: TWIT 806: Make Hella Happen