TWIT 758: Facemasks and Fear

So let him be part of the panel, then. Introduce him properly. And - pretty please! - make him respect guests in the way that he’s not interrupting people all the time.

Leo’s the host. Let him do his magic (for better or worse). If Karsten thinks Leo needs further info, he can wave at Leo and wait to be asked for his opinion. Or, even better: let him just slip Leo a note with (maybe) missing infos.

Well, maybe he has valuable information, sometimes, but constantly interrupting Leo and guests to tell a stories of him visiting a remote supermarket where people wore masks, or that he looked up some information from 3min ago and thinks it’s necessary to provide further insight, … - That’s totally uncool, and most of the time just plain rude.

Like you say: he does contribute. But he’s not an invited contributor. If I want the chat room, I can read what the chat room has to say.

Maybe I have a minority opinion, and most peeps actually dig this. But please: some manners, at least!

Alex Wilhelm was in the process of responding to Leo’s question about Spotify’s plans regarding podcasts when @Leo suddenly felt compelled to interrupt and make the point that Alex was likely about to make himself. I really appreciate that Leo does a good job moving things along when necessary but sometimes it is just too much. Maybe this whole Spotify podcast issue just hits too close to home.

Karsten’s interjections generally seem to be substantive and germane - he is part of the show - I see nothing to “fix”

6 Likes

The last few years our company has given out iPhone SE’s to anyone who wanted an iPhone (not sure what they gave out for Android users), and I can only hope that continues. I carry it as a second device and I would hate to carry two full-size phones. Rumor has it the SE will be replaced with a new model that uses the iPhone 6 design; I hope not, but my little SE may have to hold out for a few more years.

actually he did that on WW this week…

Seconded. Leo is managing the real-time mood and progress of the show, while Karsten is maybe thinking more about how the finished product will read after it’s edited down. If something important’s missing / not factually correct it can’t be added at that stage, so his interventions ensure the audio record is complete before editing takes place. To me, his interventions are doing an important job that’s quite different to that of a host or team member.

7 Likes

Great show, great panel, great discussion. Was interesting hearing discourse on Windows 10x…got me excited for it!

3 Likes

Just for you, Leo cut Karsten off during MacBreak Weekly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OHNOZ! - The other way round, please! Decent manners on TWiT, keep all the shouting and interupting to Macbreak Weekly!

(you pro’ly guessed it: I don’t listen to that show! :slight_smile: )