TWIG 728: Stupid Dove Nests

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

@Leo @ant_pruitt

In-Stream ads on YouTube are related to the content? What does Candice make-up and L’Oreal beauty products got to do with GTA5 racing and survive the hunt videos?

Regarding Meta in Norway, it is the tracking outside of Facebook, Instagram & Co. that is the problem. As somebody who does not have an account with Meta, I have never given them permission to collect my information. In Europe, Meta can first start collecting the information, once they have informed you of what they are doing and obtained your agreement to collect that information.

Meta never informs you, when their links are added to a website and they never get your permission to collect the information. At best, the websites themselves say they are collecting information from third parties & you can choose whether they can use cookies, but this doesn’t work for things like hidden pixels and browser fingerprinting.

1 Like

That statement from Google still confuses me. Smh

1 Like

Is TWiG going to ignore Missouri v Biden all the way to the Supreme Court? Fifth Circuit
judges had some interesting things to say.

1 Like

For those who don’t follow US politics as closely as American citizens Murthy v. Missouri - Wikipedia

Edit: also, this just showed up on Ars Technica: Biden administration: We never coerced Big Tech into suppressing speech | Ars Technica

Yeah, I had to do a quick search to find out what on earth the OP was on about.

It is interesting, here, there are more laws and rules against such misinformation and it would be the purveyors of the misinformation that would be in hot water, not the government…

Did this happen after the show? I don’t keep up with our politics.

1 Like

I assume @P_J is just thinking it’s not getting any attention by the TWIG show, but considers it relevant because it involves “big social”.

I’m not covering it because it’s right-wing agitprop. We’ve mentioned it but only to say it’s BS. From Wikipedia:

“The Attorney General’s Office standing in between Missourians and a radical, overreaching government is a hallmark of federalism, and states have a vital duty to keep the federal government in check.”[1] Targets of Schmitt’s lawsuits included the administration’s policies on oil and gas production, Biden’s planned debt forgiveness of student loans, and mask mandates during the COVID-19 pandemic.[1]

1 Like

Not sure this merits a separate thread - mods please move if wrong.
Stacey just got quoted on the BBC as the video doorbell expert:

2 Likes

Sweeeeet. All hail the Queen of IOT and Spectrum :laughing:

1 Like