TWIG 710: Jexx Javros

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

As someone who has lived in Germany for the last 20 years, I have to say the hosts were wrong about German humour. Germans have a great sense of humour and there is a lot of improv. I’ve regularly watched improv shows on German TV and they can be very funny. But you have to have a very good understanding of a language to understand comedy in it.

2 Likes

I love that comedian. He tells some funny stories. But yeah, i’m sure he “americanized” his bit based on tropes or something.

1 Like

We have a German comedian called Hennig in the UK, very funny. Henning Wehn - Wikipedia

1 Like

Read this today, maybe a little insight as to why Google are panicking about Bing AI

But I doubt if It will be in the next year or so, the quality of the results, especially the consistency is just not there, yet, IMHO.

1 Like

I have to say, I find it to be very useful, I wasn’t keen on Bard, but then again I am the anti-Google, I haven’t found them useful for about 5 years now.

I love the way I can search and then switch to Chat mode to get a bigger picture, I found Bing AI very useful on our trip to Amsterdam, both planning and when there.

1 Like

Almost done listening to the episode I just hear about the use cases for AI.

You all know by now we used it to plan the Amsterdam trip,but we also have a different use case.

Liz, my long suffering SO owns 4 kids nurseries, we also have a great dane puppy called Mila who visits the preschool classes regularly.

We use Bing AI to craft ‘The travels of Mila’ fortnightly story about her adventures, she has been to Amsterdam, London, Paris, Copenhagen and the AI writes the story of her trips and we use NightCafe and MS Designer to create the illustrations, then when Mila comes to visit, she brings gifts like cheese from Amsterdam and pastries from Paris.

It makes a whole e world connection that the kids love