TWIG 679: Conglomeratized!

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

I think the sentiment behind these three bills is laudable. I further think that twit and techdirt ought to assit law-makers is making the practical changes that make the bring the goal of these bills into fruition through reasonable enforcement mechanisms

Proof that you spent one second thinking about anything other than trolling is necessary.

At around the 57:00 min mark, I mentally clapped my hands over my head so loudly in anger that it amused me.

So you guys (Leo and Jeff) first draw into doubt every little bit of societal administration or governance that your country has plenty of, characterising it as ineffective and all-in-all more of less laughable if not in bed with big tech etc (which might be partially correct, but is likely way overblown). And then Stacey brings up that innovation might move from tech to administration and governenance and THEN you say that would be boring.

What, on earth, is it that you want then? Just rant and bicker about the social, administrative, governmental, and political institutions? Watch it while having pop corn? That’s not walking or jogging but skating down the path of societal decline. Don’t hate on the institutions of your societies.

Sorry - rant over. You’re so bright people, but the degree to which you sometimes bicker and reject systems of norms and order is… disheartening. Especially when observing the (at least by me) deeply loved US of A from afar, bickering capital of the world Europe. You guys should not constantly hate on your admin and govt so much. AND THEN snicker at making those institutions better.

What kind of a future do we aim to have? 12K-Gigabit-1nanometer social carnage idiocracy?

Ok. Now, I am done. GO STACEY! :slight_smile:

The seemingly condescending laughter of Jeff is just so… Jeff.

And no - innovating social institutions IS NOT boring. It is necessary. (I don’t work there.)

I know you know this.

1 Like