TWIG 629: Tastes Like Pikachu

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

Loved seeing the #graceKellyChallenge on the show this week. Would love to see the first two creators get credit for their original work

Daragh Daly was the first to build up 6 harmonies for this song:
[TikTok]

Sam Pope took inspiration from Daragh and built the format and order that became popular:
[TikTok]

1 Like

@ant_pruitt the one thing @Leo missed with the Google and android decision in South Korea was that, if you sell a Google Android device, you cannot sell any AOSP devices and vice versa.

That was why Samsung had to develop Tyzen, because they weren’t happy with the watch version of android or the TV version, but they couldn’t use AOSP, because they were already selling Google Android devices.

They also couldn’t sell an AOSP version of their existing devices for people who wanted a Google free experience.

2 Likes

@JeffJarvis , I have Galaxy Buds+ and they only work reliably when my phone is in my right rear pocket or in a jacket pocket on the right. When it is on the left, it cuts out or stutters every now and then.

1 Like

What’s everybody lining their pockets with? :slightly_smiling_face:

We have both Pixel Buds A like @JeffJarvis and Galaxy Buds Pro and the connections are v. reliable. Doesn’t matter where the phone is.

Use my Galaxy Buds loads when working outside. Often the phone is on a table, quite a distance from where I’m working.

3 Likes

My Airpods work great!!:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

2006, Mika - Grace Kelly

Interesting considering the Galaxy Nexus was Samsung and ASOP, wasn’t it?

No, the Nexus was pure Google Android. It didn’t have the Samsung extra apps, only the Google apps.

2 Likes

Pimmel is not the polite way to say dick, it is literally the German for dick.

Along with Schwanz (literally tail) is also slang for dick or cock. But you can’t call someone that, you would use it in the equivalent of c*** sucker.

2 Likes

Yeah, once my Airpods are connected I can walk quite a distance away or go up and down stairs and still have them work; or have my device in a backpack under my seat on the train, or in the trunk of the car, and they stay connected. If Jeff has to worry about which pocket to use, he needs to try out some new buds-- that is not normal.

1 Like

I can as well, but as soon as they are in a pocket on the left side of the body, it starts to stutter…

1 Like

That seems…sub-optimal.

So the Galaxy Nexus was just Samsung hardware? I can’t remember. Had the phone and can’t remember

2 Likes

Galaxy Nexus covers multiple generations, so more than one manufacturer. The Nexus One was manufactured by HTC.

2 Likes

Yes. The Nexus name was Google’s brand for a smartphone made in co-operation with an Android manufacturer to “their” specifications and running only vanilla Google software. No manufacturer add-ons.

Over the years, htc, Samsung, Motorola, LG and Huawei made handsets for Google under the Nexus brand.

3 Likes

There were also Nexus tablets made by multiple manufacturers.

3 Likes