TWIG 613: 58% Normal

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

I don’t need https://www.hownormalami.eu/ to answer the question :crazy_face:

1 Like

This show was sold to me in exactly two Tips of the Week:

a) Jeff spontaneously combusting on the how normal are you tipp by Stacey and Stacey shutting his strawman-argument down cold. Bravo Stacey! (1:49:37)

and

b) Jeff’s Tip on “Deutschland spricht” for America. I actually took part in the first round of DS which seemed to be inspired by the election of DJT in the US. It was a fun and interesting exchange. If you’re thinking about participating: try it! Consider that the likelihood of someone really extreme participating is rather slim. It’s going to be people from the readership of the same paper and they are after helping people find consensus and not have a sudden bar fight. Don’t be afraid of your fellow citizens. They are not that bad. In fact, there’s a greatly positive sense of affirmation that if you’re set up on such a blind date with someone you slightly disagree and it runs politely, you feel much more at ease in your surroundings. There are so many middle of the road people out there that you wouldn’t believe after picking up “a newspaper”. Sadly, that’s what “newspapers” thrive on. The realised that and seem to try to backpedal a bit. That’s the point of the exercise, at least IMHO. (around 2:00:00)

4 Likes

I’m still chuckling over that!!! :joy:

4 Likes

All I know is that I’m prettier than 80% of the Spice Girls. And I like it!

3 Likes

That’s excellent, for a radio guy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Key, in my mind: you sound better than a 100% of the Spice Girls and you have so much more interesting stuff to say. (“I tell you what I want, what I really really want…”)

Did you ever sing? Several voices of TWiT appear to have great musical promise. (purely amateur opinion)

1 Like

Keep praising me like that and I’m liable to start the TWiT Chorale featuring Andy Ihnatko!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan - Christmas is six months away and in my mind, I can already hear you guys sing “…ha-rump-pump-pump-pum…”. :slight_smile: Best thing about it: I could really see you guys having fun grooving and jamming. Based on nothing but vivid imagination.

1 Like

Heard @leo discussing these things many times, my wife got me this one for Father’s Day!!! Smoking chicken and London broil right now!! On deck is tri-tip

3 Likes