TRI 423: Scott Petry

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

2 Likes

Seems like an amazing idea to hopefully prevent ransomware. Their browser demo felt lacking. I could sense the lag when typing in a web URL. Launching YouTube caused Google to launch a security check. Interesting to me, Google saw me on a Linux platform from Atlanta, GA running Firefox 60.0. Understand Authentic8 has Google Compute in multiple locations.

1 Like

IMO, very interesting topic, and this is the type of interview in which only @Leo can conduct and host, because of Leo’s knowledge and understanding of the old and new tech environment.
Then I do wonder what question would @mikahsargent or @JasonHowell pose? Sometimes, approaching from their perspectives might turn out with some unexpected observations and discussions.

1 Like

I found it interesting to contrast with an interview that Scott just did for another podcast. The atmosphere on that one was less relaxed and it came across as more of a pitch session. Leo’s technique is much more subtle: by getting the interviewee to talk about their history and experiences he creates a more relaxed and intimate atmosphere in which they speak from their belief and knowledge rather than going into presentation mode.

5 Likes

I have only an iPad; this has me interested in their Silo browser (I already use StartPage.com which bears superficial similarities) but the thorny issue of how to generate private keys on iOS remains: I only know of CanaryMail and PGPEverywhere, and find it telling that Keybase, who truly would know better, support key generation only on Mac OS. Leo seemed comfortable with Canary but I doubt he let it create his keys. Is there any way to create trustworthy private PGP keys on my iPad? (I know enough to know better than to use web generation tools, for obvious reasons.)

1 Like

I thought it was a fantastic interview. We’re doing a trial rollout of Authentic8 in our organization now.

2 Likes