Three Sea Shell Tech Required

Victoria Australia has entered another COVID shutdown, scheduled to last 7 days. Late in the afternoon on the day the lockdown was announced, and 6-8 hours before it was set to begin, news stories began to appear of empty toilet paper shelves in supermarkets around the state.
It obviously is time for the world to adopt the three sea shell sanitary system.

1 Like

I never understood this, the first time round. We didn’t hamster up on toilet rolls, we had enough. By the time our supply (one normal 9 roll bag) was running out, the stores had new supplied and we bought 2 bags and just had the 2nd bag as a reserver in case people went crazy again. Since the summer, we have been back down to 1 bag in the house.

2 Likes

People have no toilet paper self-control! They pull reams and reams of the stuff for a single “session.”

♪ Charmin Ultra - Less is More ♪

TIL about the Three Seashell method method!

1 Like

How are vaccinations coming along in Australia? Do they see some positive effects? I sure hope so. I find it interesting that this sickness is - even under strong counter measures - still so season bound. Stay healthy!

I’m not sure I agree… at least not specifically. The spread of the disease may be more related to events that occur seasonally (like holidays) and more commonly spread when people spend more time indoors (in Winter, say) but the overall trend (here) was each wave was a few months apart and each wave was bigger than the one before.

Australia has been very strict on controlling entry into the country and quarantine of anyone entering, so community spread has been kept to very, very low numbers (except for an outbreak back in April 2020 in Melbourne). There have also been almost immediate, short lockdowns whenever a case is detected any where in the country. State borders were controlled for a period during and after that 2020 outbreak, but now are mostly open, but restrictions announced when cases are announced.
Vaccination rollout program was delayed, and slowly picking up a bit. A lot of people delayed initial vaccination as Astra-Zeneca is primary vaccine at start, and many concerned about reports of clots. Not surprisingly, along with the small outbreak in Melbourne this week, the Victoria vaccination hotline has been overwhelmed and reported down most of the time. Like getting the vaccine today makes a difference during this current outbreak.
It is a shame Australians living overseas are having a great deal of difficulty coming home. An opportunity to build purpose built temporary quarantine facilities early on was passed over, so hotel rooms not designed to restrict air flow and cross contamination are in use in most major entry points, and all outbreaks trace back to those facilities.

2 Likes