The Photo Thread: Week of 2023-02-05

Not really the most amazing photo, but it’s the thought of Spring that makes me happy.

Every night I go for a 1hr walk around my neighbourhood. Last summer on the walk I noted the pretty day lilies and in the fall I collected ripe seed pods. I put the seeds in a baggie in the fridge and then in January I rinsed them in a peroxide water mix (to kill off mold) and then let them sit in damp kleenix for another week in the fridge, around Jan 23 I planted them, and now two weeks or so later, here’s a pic of one of the three pots. (They’re in X-large sealed baggies with a bunch of water in the base to act as a terrarium to help keep them from drying out and to help them them sprout.) This picture is through the baggie.
(Note: If you do the same, you get no guarantee about colours of any plants grown from seeds because you don’t know how they were crossed/pollinated by the bees.)

2 Likes

Messing around with my old telescope and a mount for my phone. Took this around 8am in daylight, but cranked down the exposure and ended up with this neat aura.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: The Photo Thread: Week of 2023-02-12