The Photo Thread: Week of 2022-10-09

Cool sky photo from last week:

6 Likes

here’s a thread, @Pommster . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bat colony/camp at Botanic Park, just outside Adelaide Zoo. These are giant fruit bats (grey-headed flying foxes), native to Australia, and the largest bat species in Australia with a wingspan of up to 1 metre.

5 Likes

Thank you! Bat photos added :grinning:

1 Like

I attended Comic Con this last weekend. As you can imagine, there was a lot to photograph.

7 Likes

Love how you composed Spiderman

2 Likes

Thanks, Ant! Comic Con is so much fun to shoot!

1 Like

Autumn 2022. Out for a walk around the neighborhood, trees are starting to turn and drop leaves.

4 Likes

Spotted a grey heron at the lake.

This is a zoom shot on a Samsung, where it combines several images (a short piece of video actually) to try to keep it sharp. If I look at the separate images they are all pretty blurred.

5 Likes

That looks like it did a really nice job! The color looks a bit on the purple side though. Is that how it looks on the phone or just on the web? How far away were you? I am looking for a new phone with better telephoto abilities.

1 Like

Yes, the unprocessed pics it used are less blue, I let the S22 Ultra decide what to do with the image.

They can appear blueish in some lights, but not this much. I could sort that quite easily.

It was 10x, about 50 feet away.

Thanks very much. Impressive.

1 Like

A grey, Grey Heron. More like he looks in the video. It’s not actually that great close-up, you can see where the various images are not quite lined up. Useful tech to have I guess.

3 Likes

Yes, that is more natural. Thanks again for the info.

2 Likes

I’ve posted a photo of the dam at Myponga Reservoir before, but it is a pretty rare sight to see the release gates open and the water flowing down the spillway.

4 Likes

Is that the region that’s suffering from heavy rainfall and floods? We have the opposite here, we still have water restrictions in place - and the Autumn has been pretty dry so far.

1 Like

No, the flooding has been in the eastern states - New South Wales and Victoria, with Victoria being the worst affected.

2 Likes