The Photo Thread: Week of 2020-09-06

I have the same problem with the Sony A6000. The battery drains quickly, especially if wi-fi is turned on - I always use it in airplane mode. Another big problem is the batteries drain when not in use.

I charged everything up a while back, then didn’t use the camera for a couple of months. I then went out, the battery in the camera showed 20% and died after a couple of shots, swapped to 1st backup battery, 20%, swapped to 2nd backup, 20%… Now I make sure to rotate the batteries on a regular basis and keep them charged.

Yeah, I always try to make sure the battery is on the charger until I go out. These mirrorless cameras don’t seem to have much battery life, considering a dSLR can have over 1000 shots on one charge.

1 Like

Yes it is rather excellent - I like the second shot as well

Another one for the bees!

5 Likes

Here is a recent picture of Moraine lake at sunset from a trip to Banff National Park. I haven’t been taking many pictures due to being very cooped up a home but getting out to Banff was a very good way to get me out of my rut.

8 Likes

HDR much?? LOL sweet shot man!

1 Like

Quite a job for a window washer. Pixel 4 edited on Snapseed

5 Likes

Another bee photo!

4 Likes

And another! Yes, I’ve been photographing a lot of bees lately!

8 Likes

Ya, I have been experimenting with HDR. Its kind of fun to play with

2 Likes

A great image, but it looks so unnatural, like it is an computer generated landscape.

3 Likes

That last one is great!

1 Like

Thanks! I stood and took nearly 300 (attempted) photos of bees. There were a surprising number of good ones.

1 Like

One for @MaryJo, very tasty.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful. I’d love to have that hanging over the fireplace so I could pretend I was at Banff.

You lookin’ at me? :rage:

Don’t let me stop you

Right place at the right time… Butterflies in the garden this evening.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Thank! I was hoping you’d say that.

Dave

2 Likes