The Photo Thread : Week of 2020-08-30

This little beauty of a caterpillar was crawling on my driveway.

Shot with a Pixel 3 with no edits. Just cropping to emphasize its beauty

6 Likes

Very pretty pic. Any idea about what he pupates into? It’s surprisingly difficult to google for info on “lime green caterpillar” or variations thereof and get a match.

Day out with the kids at the skate park then on the coast. Shot on my rapidly dying Pixel 4 (damn battery) + moment lenses (fisheye + 18mm wide)

6 Likes

even the power of Google Lens cannot tell which butterfly/moth it will pupate into.

At that moment, i was interested in its yellow feelers.

Managed to grow some sunflowers surprised how beautiful they are. Their color is so amazing.

3 Likes

We get these in the UK, looks similar.

Oleander Hawk Moth

1 Like

Nice Jurassic coastline in Somerset, UK. Great for fossil hunting.

9 Likes

Some young Swallows at my parent’s place.

5 Likes

I was recently on a random walk in Wikipedia where I was learning about extinction level events. (If you want to go on the same random walk, start with the artist KT Tunstall, who claims she chose the KT because of one of them. :wink: ) In any case, the link has a picture of erosion showing similar sorts of banding in the rocks, and saying there was evidence of the event that killed off the dinosaurs without making it explicit what to look for. Your picture looks like it might also have said evidence, but not being a geologist I have no idea which of the layers is most “interesting”. Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event - Wikipedia File:KT boundary 054.jpg - Wikipedia

1 Like

A tree and a bee. Pixel 4a with some Google Photos edits.

4 Likes

Morning walk before work with the Ricoh GR 2 + 21mm wide

7 Likes

Wow. Your area is much more interesting than where I live :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s pretty nice for a city that the Lonely Planet travel guide once called dullsville (although that was 20 years ago).

1 Like

Wife made Lemon Meringue Pie today and wanted me to take some photos.

Probably should have watched the latest HOP before doing these as I struggle with getting food looking as I envision it, however these turned out alright.

7 Likes

this is. . .WOW. A bit of a bullseye look and vibrant colo(u)rs. Love it. #straighthorizontoo

2 Likes

The top-down is really nice. Seriously. If anything, add a little more contrast and see how that looks. And on the top-down, crop out the white edges.

2 Likes

((copy pasta))
I was off Thursday and today. But stupid me, I didn’t let my brain go on vacation. :man_facepalming:t5:

Next thing I know, some lights are up, fruits and beverages are out and my shutter was clicking…

5 Likes

You can send a slice my way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But the most important question? How was the pie?

3 Likes

Sho nuff :slight_smile:

1 Like