The Photo Thread: Week of 2019-11-19

Seven. Next time I plan to do more. Most of the work is just letting photoshop do it’s magic!

1 Like

Quick shot of the moon on my way home. Shot on Pixel 4, approx 6x super res zoom with slight edits in Lightroom mobile

9 Likes

Shot with my new Sony DSC RX10 IV.

7 Likes

I like the way the opening in the trees lead the eye up to the moon. Also the gradation of the sky is nice.

3 Likes

Really impressed with the shots you’re getting with that Sony, Carol (only seen 2 pics!). How are you finding it? I know they push the Autofocus capabilities - are you letting the camera take care of focusing?

3 Likes

I am such a beginner, just using Intelligent Auto at the moment. I’m only playing with distance from the subject and auto focus at the moment. I’m doing a bit of post-processing in Snapseed. That’s about it. I worked through the short manual, the 600 page manual, and now I’m reading Alexander White’s guide book. I’m really going to need some classes :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve never attempted to manually focus, I don’t trust myself to be able to get it right.

2 Likes

This week I’ve been on holiday in Phoenix from the UK. This picture was taken with Fuji XT3 and 23mm f2 lens. So much lovely light over here, even the ordinary seems pretty sometimes.

4 Likes

Just starting out with Real Serious Photography As A Hobby and took my Nikon D3500 to Germany while chaperoning an educational tour. This is Brandenburg Gate during preparations for the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall falling (or, starting to).

5 Likes

Just wanted to update that Sony just updated the software for this camera, adding Animal Eye AF. Now I really can’t wait to get to Africa!

3 Likes

Perfect timing. Enjoy the trip!

2 Likes

sweeeeeeet that’s gonna be awesome

2 Likes

love this crop and the lines

2 Likes

Good job getting that photo “straightened in post, dadgumit.” (@ant_pruitt told @JasonHowell that not long ago). A photo like that just begs my eyes to look for symmetry. You nailed it.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks! Just getting started like I said, and already noticing that my shots all tend to tilt slightly to the left :rofl: Very much enjoying @ant_pruitt’s HOP series so far in helping me figure stuff out, especially fixing it in post.

1 Like

Definitely. Great balance on this one, bro. :fist_right:t5::camera_flash:

1 Like

Slot canyon page.az.pixel2xl

7 Likes

Running Y, Klamath Falls OR

4 Likes

Nice. Love the motion in the sand.

2 Likes

That’s the end of this week’s thread!

Here is the next week’s thread: The Photo Thread: Week of 11/1719

1 Like