Tech Travel section needed

Now I can stop bugging Leo to put on a Tech Travel show, and start bugging him to put a section in the community for it.I think that a travel section would full fill most traveler’s needs. I bet Mike Elgen would post a lot.

I am a full time traveler and find that searching the internet for information isn’t what it used to be. There are very few bloggers and YouTubers who are really interested in giving good travel advice any more. Their blogs and channels seem to mainly be the same boilerplate copy used to support their affiliates’ links.

4 Likes

If Johnny Jet hosted it I would listen to it, even tough I am a homebody. :wink:

3 Likes

tagging @MikeElgan
He may have some resources/thoughts

2 Likes

This would be good, I am rebuilding my 1987 motor home and will have to stay connected to the tech world, while traveling.

1 Like

That is a segment of travel tech I hadn’t even thought of. There could be topics for all sorts of travel scenarios. :+1:

1 Like

What are we looking at as Tech Travel?

Tech for travelers?

I do quite a bit of traveling, mostly on business with side trips during the ‘official’ trips

For example, I am heading to Taipei next week for some work but will be doing a lot of moving around when the official work ‘day’ is over.

Above is my long winded way of saying I am interested in having a section for Tech Travels too!

2 Likes

You bring up a good point. It should be called Travel Tech, not Tech Travel. I am a full time traveler and one of the most important things, after function, is weight of items.

2 Likes

Sorry to weight in so late. I’m so busy traveling… ; )

I love the idea for a podcast like this, as a host, guest or listener!

The problem out there is that so much of the content around travel tech is just fluff. This is somewhat true in the business travel tech world, totally true in the vacation tech world and super true in the digital nomad space, where the advice is so superficial that it’s almost all useless.

Sign me up! : )

1 Like

Somehow my initial post has been misunderstood. I wasn’t proposing a Travel podcast. Leo already nixed that idea last time I brought it up. I wan’t to see a section in the community for travel tech. I think that this community would be a better place for hard core nomads to trade tips and advice. I have ended my subscriptions for all travel podcasts, except Travel with Rick Steves, and he does little about tech.

2 Likes

Ah. Sorry. My misunderstanding.

Isn’t this community supposed to revolve around TWiT podcasts?

I think the idea is that, no matter what TWiT podcasts there are, there are additional tech topics to discuss, and it would be good to have sections for those topics here.

1 Like

Not exclusively; there is a section for the shows, a section for the hosts, and a section for the major topics the community likes to discuss.

4 Likes

Adding the travel section @Captain_Sam - a great idea!

4 Likes

Thank You Leo for listening, you have covered a few items on the Tech Guy show.

4 Likes