SQRL Login for TWiT Community!

IOS client works great for me at sqrl.grc.com… that’s strange

@josecgomez finally discovered the SQRL login option on sqrl.grc.com was not associated with my traditional login. Simple solution and hindsight 20-20 but totally non-intuitive before hand. Someone really needs to (please @Leo) do an SQRL client side TWiT podcast to cover the basics.

2 Likes

@PHolder I believe I fixed the Disable / Enable issue if you wanna give it a try. LMK what you find.

2 Likes

Looks like it worked for me :tada:

3 Likes

I logged in to the SQRL forum at grc with my full password and then attempted to login here with the first four characters of my SQRL password, which is how I understood it was supposed to work.

No go. I needed to do the complete password.

I haven’t tried the reverse (first login here, then login at the grc sqrl user site) yet. Wonder if the abbreviated password will work with OAUTH?

stevesr0

That’s all client function nothing to do with the server side

@Stevsr0 you’re using the Firefox plugin, right? I don’t think that client is feature complete yet… This may be one of the things that is not implemented. If you have access to Windows, try using the GRC Windows client for the full experience as defined by Steve.

I tried to sign-up using the SQRL link, using Firefox on my PC and the SQRL client on Android phone. The Android app kept crashing whenever I would scan the QR code shown.

THEN, I noticed that I hadn’t yet set that OAuth site to “trusted” in the NoScript add-on I have in Firefox.

So, after enabling java script, I got another, more “fine-grained” QR code displayed on the OAuth site, and with that the SQRL client on Android worked, no crash, and here I am, signed up to Twit Community with SQRL.

2 Likes

I’ve had no success creating an account at sqrloauth.com. Each time I scan this with the iOS client and try to create an account there, I get this error. Login at GRC forum works fine.
Any thoughts?

Hi @Saguaro
I’ll take a look

1 Like

Hi when I try to make an account on the SQRL OAuth site I keep getting this with Steve’s Desktop Client but not on the SQRL Community site. I keep getting this in all browsers I tested.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately it worked in the beginning, but hasn’t worked in a long time. @josecgomez was supposedly aware of it, but he seems to have been too busy to make a fix.

Yeah sorry i’ve been slammed, and SQRL seems to be going nowhere fast I’ll take a quick look see if I can see what the issue is.

Thanks… I was away from most TWIT programming for the last couple of years due to health reasons and have been getting back in in the last half a year-ish so I missed SQRL and just thought that GRC or Security Now had a new mascot so it is all new to me. Sad to hear it is having slow uptake. The videos on it were so promising.

I guess it is missing that killer app to really drive it.

Well so long that I know it is not an issue on my end, thanks for the replies.

1 Like

Sqrl works, what is missing is adoption. Most major player prefer to roll authentication schemes they control in order to be able to track their users even more…