SN 964: Post Quantum 3

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

What seems to have gotten edited out when Steve started on about ChatGPT worm Morris-2?

Haven’t listened to see what you’re asking about but I remember Steve accidentally mentioned someone’s name who had asked for anonymity, so I guess it would be that. Otherwise, check Steve’s show notes–he usually follows them quite closely.

Starts at 10:20 and Steve said he didn’t have room this week so it is not in the show notes. The weird cut is at 10:45 on the playback.

Checked Signal’s security docs and they confirm Apple’s take. Apple is preventing active quantum computer attacks versus passive attacks.

Signal says in their docs "PQXDH is not designed to provide protection against active quantum attackers. "

Also, Telegram is not end-to-end encrypted by default. You need to select “Secret Chats”.

From their website:

Secret Chats

Q: How are secret chats different?

Secret chats are meant for people who want more secrecy than the average fella. All messages in secret chats use end-to-end encryption. This means only you and the recipient can read those messages — nobody else can decipher them, including us here at Telegram (more on this here). On top of this, Messages cannot be forwarded from secret chats. And when you delete messages on your side of the conversation, the app on the other side of the secret chat will be ordered to delete them as well.

Oh I remember now. Steve had an internet outage. It lasted for some time.

1 Like