Question of the day - Ever try online dating?

Tried Plenty of Fish 10 years ago after I got separated but never found it fit well with my age bracket. All the reports of fake accounts on sites and security leaks have kept me away since then.

1 Like

In real life you get a lot of extra clues about people and compatibility, especially when you have a look at their music collection.
If you are visiting someones home and see a music collection you will inevitably browse it, and make any adjustments to your view of the owner.
Often it isn’t about the shared tastes, but more about what they listen to that may result in brain injury.
Are they a secret or proud owner of the pop-rock combo Nickleback for example ?
Do they have a wall of military brass band music ?

When you meet someone you are interested in, the topic of music will usually pop up early.
One bright spark realised that is what is missing from online dating and setup Tastebuds.
Since then it expanded into a more social site where you can also use it for simply meeting new friends and going to gigs.

You can manually add your music tastes and dislikes, or link your spotify or last.fm account to it.
Once it knows your music taste and where you are, you can then search for people within a configurable distance.
It will then find matches and organise based on artist hit-rate.

This is possibly the most honest dating site you will find.

Well, I was impressed at how long I get along with my girlfriend. And, we had several things matched to 100%. And a ton in the 90% range