ProtonMail is Now Just ‘Proton’

I’ve always been interested in a privacy-focused, paid email service but could never justify the cost previously; however with Proton moving to a single-subscription ecosystem model including email, online storage and VPN, I might take the plunge.

Anyone using, or is considering using, Proton?

2 Likes

I don’t know if naming yourself after a Malaysian manufacturer of cheap auto-mobiles is exactly a step forward…

3 Likes

I’ve used their free email service as a secondary account for years without any issues. I did try their VPN but it was really slow. That’s when it first came out and was overloaded though.

I don’t use either enough to want to pay for them but would consider them if anything happened with my current providers.

2 Likes

Honestly, I would give up some privacy in the US if that would make schools safer. So no I’m haven’t used this, but definitely going to check it out. I’m way too into Google…lol

2 Likes

I’ve used the free tier of their mail service for a few years now as an alternate account. Probably only log in once a month or so but it works as advertised. I’m mainly an Outlook.com user though.

2 Likes

One of my media friends uses this service

1 Like

I’ve been using the paid version of Prontonmail (calendar, VPN, and drive) for over a year and the free plan before that. I really like their security features and the private sharing functionality of their drive. That being said, Office 365 is still my go-to email platform for internal use and projects when needed.

I like the new Proton bundled options and pricing plans.

1 Like