Pictures of the TWiT Studio in Petaluma

I’ll start (picture from old studio)

6 Likes

Whatever happened to the wall (did they have room to move it to the new studio?

5 Likes

Mrs. Leo

6 Likes

So how big is the new studio compared to the old studio?

7 Likes

Wow cool looking place!

2 Likes

I wish I took more pics last time I visited! I know I took one with Leo but I’ve no clue where it is.

IIRC they couldn’t move the entire brick wall, too much work/expense.

2 Likes

I think it’s in pieces. They salvaged what they could.

3 Likes

Still amazes me how big TWiT Eastside studio is. Truly magical seeing the team work together on show production.

2 Likes

Looks like individual “tiles” (brick faces) show up all the time. For example, on the website home page, there are two to the left of the Webby award in the “This is TWiT” panel of the heading slide show. Or another one on the shelf below the screen in Tech News Weekly. And I think that the “Chief TWiT” sign on Leo’s desk is another one.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, when we mounted the bricks in the old studio, the workmen used regular mortar to attach them to the drywall. They hold on real good. We were able to take the wall down but each brick has a considerable bit of drywall attached. The cost of cleaning each brick and remounting it would have run in the tens of thousands of dollars. We saved what we could - there’s a small display of surviving bricks on a wall in the new studio - but the rest is in storage.

Sorry about that. But for those of you who bought bricks - thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made the Brick House possible, and most of it survives in the new studio, so your contribution, at least, lives on!

4 Likes

That’s why we bought the bricks Leo!!:smiley:

3 Likes

Lisa monitoring Leo’s impulse buying :+1:

1 Like

Shot this a lil while back via 360 video

3 Likes