Photo Thread: Week 2021-02-21

I’ve never been to Finland, but one of my favourite books is set in Rovaniemi and Inari and the surrounding countryside. I’ve always wanted to go up there. Maybe after this crap is over…

(The most dangerous game by Gavin Lyall
https://smile.amazon.de/dp/1448200369/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MZC2BYR8BQ5PQMHB1HHS )

3 Likes

You can rent a car or use vr.fi train or busses but not short plane trips. Funny thing if I would like to take plane from kuopio to Oulu in north the plane first goes to Helsinki and from there to Oulu. Kuopio to Helsinki 400km Kuopio to Oulu 290km. One web portal is visitfinland.com I can search more information if you need.

1 Like

love this a LOT. This could be on a wall somewhere.

1 Like

Thank you greatly for the feedback. I really need to move beyond my aversion to actually print some of my photos.

1 Like

Find someone local who does nice quality prints for a reasonable price, then find someone who will do plaque mounting ( what is a plaque mount – Custom-Made Canvas Prints and Picture Frames ) for you. I did a nice 8x10 a decade ago for a picture I took of the CN Tower in Toronto with a lot of blue sky and it fits well in my predominately blue bathroom. I’ve had a number of people ask me where to get that print :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you very much - that’s very helpful already! Plus it serves as a great release for some wanderlust. :slight_smile: We had heard about a programme of living in Finland for three months - I believe an offer for US-citizens that was also mentioned on one of the shows - which we were interested in. Until we remembered that, given the EU, we could simply do that from Germany without any particular programme. We’re toying with the idea of moving to and working from Finland just for the summer. (Certainly have learned that both my wife’s and my job work well done remotely.) Still have to figure out how taxes would work - but that goes beyond the scope or likely interest of this forum. :smiley: Anyhow, go :finland: ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, nice! Impressed that it is a phone shot.

1 Like

I have been practicing my snowflake images. Everything I know about it I learned from Don Komarechka in Canada. A 23 image focus stack in Photoshop. Photo was taken on February 17 when we had cold temps here in Kansas.

11 Likes

So cool; no pun intended.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll take the pun too. :blush:

Moonlight walk with the dog.

10 Likes

Love the one that looks like a corn field, and of course the one with the moon behind the tree.

Absolutely beautiful. Stunning.

1 Like

I think those are potatoes, or they were last time I was there in daylight…

Probably still potatoes, then :upside_down_face:

Thank you very much! Getting a bit better at them each winter since I have been trying.

LOVE this. Just spoke with Mr DonKom this morning. Love that dude.
Such a good human.

1 Like

Going with a different editing style lately. This was taken today on one of my usual photowalks. Sorry for the excessive compression but I had to get it small enough to upload.

8 Likes

Sat on the porch and enjoyed a cigar and the sunshine. Funny how 40 F in the middle of winter feels like summer :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Ant! Really happy that you like it. Don is a great guy and always willing to help. I am looking forward to receiving his macro book that has been in development for a while now.

1 Like