Phone Case Insanity

I told myself I didn’t need a new iPhone. I have the XS. So of course, my 11 ProMax is on the way. :lying_face: I have always used Otterboxes. I thought I would look for something different. Now I’m bordering on insanity. I never realized how many brands of cases are out there, and how many YouTube “tech experts” are shilling for companies who send them free cases. Further into insanity are the reviews on Amazon. Yikes!

I’d like Otterbox kind of protection, at a slightly lower price. But after navigating all that craziness, I’ll probably end up with another Otterbox Defender…

Otterbox is not my taste - I would go for something like a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case - clear and pretty protective. Unless you’re really rough with your phone, this case protects the vulnerable corners.

Actially, I have a Cygnett Aeroshield on my iPhone Xs (because I needed a case straight away when I got the phone last year) and not sure if that is an Australian brand or not, It is very similar to the Spigen (had that on previous phones) and it has protected my phone from multiple drops. If you need a lid on the phone, then the Otterbox Defender as you said. I prefer something slimmer.

1 Like

For protection, I really like RhinoShield cases: https://rhinoshield.io/

Also a fan of UAG but they are love or hate it design: https://urbanarmorgear.com/

Personally on my phone I’m using the official Google Pixel case until my Spigen Ultra Hybrid is delivered.

1 Like

We have given up on cases. My wife just makes her own out of felt, with a elastic band to hold the phone in, when on the move.

2 Likes

See, I like the Otterbox Commuter. When I got my Samsung S8, Walmart sold them for $15.97, and everyone else charged almost $50. Go look at Walmart.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them very much. I started with OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 3GS, and have used them ever since. But since this new Pro Max is heavier to start with, I was thinking about going lighter, yet still protective. I’m not rough on my phones, just hate to spend $1000+ and not protect it.

I took a bad fall with my iPhone X in my hand. It landed on the sidewalk undamaged. This is the case it was in. I particularly like it because it has a lanyard attachment point. I use a slash resistant lanyard to keep it attached to my wrist when I am in walking around cities.

1 Like

I love me my Otterbox(es)…they’ve saved me more times than I can remember.

2 Likes

Oh yes. Definetly!!!

2 Likes