People Are Calling Out Samsung Over Its 'Tone-Deaf' Ad

1 Like

Perhaps it’s our cities that have the issue rather than Samsung? From the comments, folks are saying this is the norm in S Korea, Singapore, Japan etc. Filmed in Buenos Aires I think.

1 Like

I walk the dog at 05:30 every morning and I am usually passed by a female jogger with earphones on. Okay, it isn’t a big city, it is a small, rural town, but she is running out of the town, into the countryside with no street lighting. There are usually a couple of men out jogging as well and about a dozen or so cyclists going to/from work.

As @Jamze says, I think it says more about Western society than Samsung. Why are they up in arms about Samsung showing this, and not up in arms that women in Western cities can’t do this safely? I think the campaigners are right, that it doesn’t reflect reality, but I also think they are wrong to berate Samsung for it, they should be berating a society that refuses to allow women to venture outside, without them having to worry about their safety.

1 Like

I would be interested to know if any women were involved in the conception and production of this commercial.

1 Like

Meet the exec producer…

ABOUT — AYMI BELTRAMO

1 Like

I remember walking around Buenos Aires at around midnight taking pictures with my Canon 5D. A friendly stranger tapped me on the shoulder and wagged his finger. “Go home. You’re gonna get robbed.”

So maybe not a good idea for anyone.

1 Like