Past Female Guests

Lately been missing some great past female guests: Becky Worley, Molly Wood, Xeni Jardin, Veronica Belmont, Natalie Morris (I know, she isn’t to much in tech anymore, plus she isn’t a liberal Democrat so I imagine no chance of her ever coming back) & Jolie O’Dell.

Just reminiscing, any others I missed?

I believe Jolie O’Dell (one of my personal favorites) is no longer a journalist or involved in technology. My last understanding was that she was working doing costumes for Chicago opera companies. My information may be out of date, however.

Yes, one of my favorites as well.

~WRD0984.jpg

From Wikipedia: Becky Worley (born February 4, 1971) is an American journalist and broadcaster. She is the tech contributor for Good Morning America on ABC, host and blogger for a web show on Yahoo! Tech.

Natali and Clayton were both fun on the shows, but didn’t they leave the country a few years ago amidst fraud allegations related to a real estate rental or flipping business he was running?

wow! I didn’t hear about that, that’s pretty crazy. Agree they were great guests. But I suppose a charlatan must be charismatic.

Yup, the Morrises were accused of running a real estate Ponzi scheme in Indianapolis, of all places. Their business partner, Bert Whalen, faced the music and pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to commit wire fraud in 2022. https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/pr/indiana-real-estate-developer-and-property-manager-admits-ponzi-scheme-defraud-investors

I have followed this whole thing pretty closely, it never appeared that they did anything illegal (and I definitely don’t think it was intentional), however they definitely had partnered with the fellow in Indianapolis who did some underhanded things.
They had some real estate dealing in plenty of other areas that appeared to be very successful and had plenty of satisfied customers.They were helping investors buy up old, they would take care of getting them renovated and then getting them rented. After the whole thing in Indianapolis went down, they switched and started doing brand new builds in areas that have good rental markets (and in rental friendly states), I always assumed they did that because they got burned from the deal you are referring to.
He does real estate investing podcast, and they both do a news/political podcast as well that I enjoy listening to.

1 Like

Kara Swisher was good value for money whenever she appeared on TWiT - her last appearance on the show was in 2017 (alongside Clayton Morris, coincidentally!)

And Amy Webb is always someone I learn much from when she appears. Always plenty of thoughtful insights! Her trio of appearances on Triangulation are worth listening to:

Amy Webb is still pretty regular on the show. That lady elevates any conversation. She’s incredible.

1 Like

I do like here, so seems very reasonable.

There was a very good discussion this week about Kara, I think it was on TWiG.

1 Like