Ordering tech online during virus epidemic?

Anyone find themselves ordering some new tech stuff while stuck at home?

Best Buy is still open here, but only for pickup at the front door. I really didn’t even want to do that, so when I broke the screen on my new phone a couple of weeks ago - I bought a new phone on the Best Buy website. And, while I could have gotten it the same day, had I been willing to go to the store… I had to wait over the weekend for it to be shipped to me at home.

I also spent 20 minutes looking for my keys last week - so Friday, I finally ordered one of those bluetooth trackers so I can put it on my key chain. It’s happened to me way too many times over the years :smiley:

I also see a new Chromebook on the Best Buy website - it has a larger screen and better specs. I am trying to resist, because I already have 3 Chrome devices. I don’t really need a fourth :smiley:

Anyway - anyone else been buying new tech while stuck at home? What did you get?

2 Likes

I’m eyeing a Logitech K860 (the new ergonomic) keyboard.
But, right now the “SAF” for purchasing new tech is relatively low, so nothing on order as of yet.

SAF = Spousal Acceptance Factor

5 Likes

The markets sh*t-kicked my investments, so I can barely afford to buy food, let along consider spending on new toys.

4 Likes

Looking at saving money here by not buying irrelevant things, until we know what the future is likely to hold… We are both still working, but for how much longer?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Yes, it is a tough time for many people.

3 Likes

My wife ordered the reMarkable2 tablet, but it won’t ship until July or August.
https://remarkable.com/store/remarkable-2
She also got a new phone to replace her LG G6 which LG will not update since it is unlocked and updates are only for carrier locked phones. (see my separate rant on getting updates for it.)

1 Like

I’m intrigued, let us know what it’s like.

I’m using the time to rationalise what we have, sold a few things, bought some replacements. Sold a Phantom 3 drone I never got into, my old OnePlus 6, my wife suggested selling her MX5 as it doesn’t get much use now (even before the lockdown).

Replaced the OnePlus 6 with a 7T Pro. I tried the new 8 Pro, but not worth the extra cost for me. I also managed to get a good deal on a NordicTrack Elliptical before they ran out of stock, so using that at home to keep fit. It has online classes, similar to Peleton so quite pleased with it.

Hope everyone is doing OK, whatever the circumstances.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I surely didn’t wanna buy a new phone, but I had to.

The tracker - it was $25, and I am sick of looking for my keys. A 4th chromebook - I will resist.

But yes, not everyone is untouched financially by all of this. I understand.

2 Likes

I feel for those that are hit financially during this crisis. I am fortunate that I am still employed, and not hit by this. I realize not everyone is so lucky.

3 Likes

I was about to get me the ifi hip-dac Scott Wilkinson has reviewed the other day but then I started looking at their nano and micro iDSD DAC’s, and I can’t decide…

1 Like

Due to the state of things I don’t have any plans to buy any new tech I have what I need and will make due with what I already have.

2 Likes

I got a new 11" iPad Pro and an Apple Magic Keyboard to go with it - Gave my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9" to my wife to replace her old 12.9" iPad Pro original. I love the new keyboard

1 Like

Blockquote Anyway - anyone else been buying new tech while stuck at home? What did you get?

Guilty bought a set of wireless headphones for my walking trips to get me the hell out the house…oh yeah confession I hate walking :rofl: :innocent:

3 Likes

I’ve “needed” a few things that weren’t essential. Amazon and Adorama has been just fine on those fronts. But I’m trying not to spend a lot of tech. Even though there are times when opening a box fires off endorphin rush. :laughing:
Hope all of you are doing well these days.

5 Likes

That is my problem too :smiley:

Once ya get on the “buying wagon,” it’s hard to get off of it :smiley:

4 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: so funny. The first step is admitting it

4 Likes

Never confuse WANT and NEED!! They are interchangeable!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes