MBW 876: Mediocre Tuesday

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

One of the discussion points during the show was Apple publishing a user guide for their devices/software. Apple publishes a new user guide every year in Apple Books. The iOS/iPhone 16.5 version is 688 pages long. There is one for iPad OS and Watch OS.

They are updated for each minor release.

Apple has done an EXCEPTIONAL job making all their support articles very google-able as well. Almost anything I’ve had questions about, a google search brings me right to an Apple support article.

I didn’t know about the user guides, I’ll check those out… not sure how valuable those are to a more savvy user…I didn’t think the Apple Store sessions would be that useful, but I actually really like some of those… very well put together.

2 Likes

@Leo , I look up the AG1 website when they sponsor the show, but I never see how much Vitamin D is in their prominent “FREE 1 year supply” offer. I watched SN #209 (August 2009 – sponsored by AOL Music :open_mouth: – Steve’s first of several Vitamin D episodes); I’ve been supplementing long before the pandemic. Never mind the FDA’s rickety recommendations in the hundreds; 5000 IU (125mcg) daily is a pretty obvious “Recommend Daily Allowance” of the steroid.

How much Vitamin D is in AG1’s 1-year offer?

1 Like

Looking at the Vision Pro and sticking a product out there that is not the end game ie Goggles v Glasses

The sheer mechanics and physics differences between the 2 points is so far apart that any skills and processes learned to develop for goggles will essentially be useless for glasses - unless of course the glasses are going to look like the sunglasses worn by retired New Yorkers in Florida.

@Leo I have a Lennox t-stat too that is compatible with HomeKit, but apparently some are only Alexa/Google. Their older model/app was absolute trash, they never updated the app and it broke once or twice on OS update. The newer app/hardware is at least passable. I do need to re-pair it to HomeKit a couple times a year, and you need a separate app, aside from their control app, for HK integration which is super minimal.

I will say having a Lennox furnace/AC has been mostly great for the past 10 years. I had some issue with the AC very early on, which I think I questioned on social media and they quickly instructed our local installer to upgrade our unit. Though I think if they had a pending class action lawsuit which aided in that swift action.

Yeah the Lenox has been great so far. I’ll check to see if the thermostat is Homekit capable. It probably is - it’s brand new!

Apple Watch watch faces - Garmin seem to have some secret sauce. I’ve ditched my very configurable Wear OS watch and gone back to one of the cheaper Garmins. It has a basic watch face creation tool, but has a second hand - and the battery lasts 5 days plus with all the sensors turned on, sleep/heart/SpO2 tracking, GPS tracking any activity. Not too chunky, either.

1 Like

One bottle contains 600 servings. […] One drop provides 1000 IU of Vitamin D3.

So the bottle contains ~600000 IU of Vitamin D3. 600000/5000 = is 120 days of D3 at that dosage. It sounds like a good deal. D3+K2 is the right combo, and packaging in olive oil with a bit of E is an attractive way to package. I’m just hoping that anyone paying attention to Vitamin D knows that 1000 IU/day is a pretty low dosage.

Thanks.

1 Like