MBW 787: Prepare for Light Speed

The developer agreement will be changed to include reporting and auditing clauses. The judge specifically said in her ruling that Apple was free to collect these fees.

1 Like

I think that was his point…

2 Likes

Regarding the apple epic battle. I started to agree with Andy/Leo’s point then after listening to the show for the 3rd time. I am starting to see Alex’s point on one point. If Apple is providing the platform/payment system I think Apple should be allowed to charge a small fee. 30% NO: 15% Uh, NO, 3-5% like the Credit card companies charge, YES. But like using a credit card a merchant should have the option not to accept Apple’s Subscription/payment system. Like a Merchant not wanting to accept a credit card if they don’t want to the 3 - 5 0r 6% to the credit card company on every transaction. Remember when every department store had their own credit card. Then just let the public opinion sort it out. Like alex said, and I agree, give the app not just 1 star but a bad review. Or a helpful review. Such as your payment process it terrible and here is how to make the process easier.
One final note, I do think apple should be able to charge something a small something to be in the app store. On the flip side if there was a second app store like on Android that would solve a lot. One argument is that IOS would be less secure. But then again the public would determine the path, so to speak. Just like Companies can decide just to put out their app on Android only. That’s their right. But then they miss out on millions of customers. I just think 30% or even 15% is way to much. Final, final, Think about if the credit card companies decided to charge 30% on every transaction. Just because a merchant wants to use their payment system. Would you cry FLOUL.

2 Likes

Comment on apple maps. I drove with my Systen fron Huston TX to San Francisco CA. I used Apple Maps all the way. Works great. Adding a stop into the main Route without stopping the main route first does not work. But I was able to ask Siri " I need driving directions to X" and easily start directions. I could ask Siri “I need directions to the Nearest McDonald’s” that worked great. But then I had to restart driving directions to my final destination. Also apple maps would say things like “go through the next light and turn Right”. In Walking direction, not so good. Apple maps would say go x distance and turn at X street. Great. But apple Maps never tells me when I get to X street. This is something that Apple could fix is a future update.
What Siri does she does Well. A lot of things Siri casn do at all. I ask Siri things like “how lone is an oil Tanker” or “how long will it take to get to San Antonio”. She does great with that sort of stuff. Much better thsn Using Google Asistant.

1 Like

Also I haite Google Maps. It never gets my to the right play or at least one 1-2% of the time. I hate when My only option when I am out of the country, is to use Google Maps.

1 Like

Can we have Alex start sitting out of some of these conversations about IAPs. We’ve heard his opinion and it’s not going to change, ever. No matter what, he’s made that abundantly clear. It’s honestly tiring listening to him dig his heels into the ground every week and cry about how the sky will fall if a button can link to a webpage.