MBW 692: The Digital Sputnik Voyager

Beep boop - this is a robot. A new show has been posted to TWiT…

What are your thoughts about today’s show? We’d love to hear from you!

Always great content however I find it annoying and rude when guest hosts are interrupted. Was especially noticeable each time Alex Lindsay spoke. Re-watch the episode and please take note.

Latency in the Skype connection often causes remote guests to suffer a delay in audio and video compared to the studio hosts. Spontaneous discussion gets difficult with that, but I didn’t think this episode was particularly bad on that front.

2 Likes

Okay Laporte. You touched a nerve here. You 'dissed my beloved state: “Probably some cheap Wisconsin cheese.” This coming from a guy who lives in the state that invented industrial dairy production. This for you @leo:

thbbft

And for your information:

3 Likes

Ha ha. If it’s orange it’s cheap. But there’s lots of great Wisconsin cheese that isn’t. I love all cheeses. Just don’t dye them bright orange!

3 Likes

Ya fer sure dere hey. Don’t even get me started on that Velveeta crap. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

HomePod with a screen is an iPad. I have a Google Home Hub but there is no Ring integration! I have an older iPad Mini as a control station in my living room for all the HomeKit stuff so anyone visiting can turn stuff on or off.

2 Likes

The color comes from the flavorless Annatto seed, which gives Wisconsin cheddar that pumpkin orange hue.

Hey @P_J, nice to find another ‘Sconnie here. So do you live over by the Fleet Farm or the Farm & Fleet?

Same to you cheese head.

We have both. The Farm & Fleet is down the road about 6 miles. But just across the River we have a Fleet Farm about 30 miles away.

Are you from the water fountain or bubbler side of the state?

P.S. Never heard of a ‘Sconnie though. Don’t think I like that.

1 Like

Bubbler for sure. A water fountain is something you throw loose change into.

There’s a new Fleet Farm near Oconomowoc, but the Farm & Fleet near Goerke’s Corner is closer.

@Leo
Saw your apologies on Twitter and TWiG re: Wisconsin cheese. All is forgiven. :heart:

3 Likes

Yep…I grew up on that side of the state. Family moved to “God’s Country” (now it’s called the Driftless Region) when I was about 12. People looked at me real funny when I said “bubbler.”
Just curious, do you know what Uffdah means?

I like cheese. Even if it’s orange.

5 Likes