MacOS Catalina on Unsupported Macs

Just downloaded and ran the latest Catalina Patcher from dosdude1 website with no problems or warnings.
Just to clarify, the Patcher mentioned in this stream is provided by dosdude1. Unsure of @Leo comment about Apple.com.

The Patcher you download somehow gets around Apple’s “protection” which keeps you from downloading and/or installing the newer MacOS’s on unsupported Macs. If you download the Catalina Installer App on a supported Mac, and create an installation USB key, and try to run it on your old Mac, it will not run because Apple checks the hardware. If you try to download the new MacOS on your old Mac, Apple wont’t let you download it. The Patcher gets around this. If you do not already have the official Apple installer, the patcher gets it from the Apple website even on your old Mac. So, I believe you need to be sure you get the Patcher from the correct website.

I’m sure dosdude is a reliable source.

Hello! Very new to MacOS and recently purchased a mid-2010 MacBook Pro and upgraded it from HS to Catalina via dosdude1’s hard work. So far, everything is fine (sans a bit of a lag issue) but I can’t seem to play games through Apple Arcade. This was the main reason I switched to Catalina in the first place. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Had trouble getting Catalina Patcher to work on my Mid-2009 Macbook Pro or Macbook Pro 5,3…However I did get it to update to High Sierra today which allows me to use a few products I’d been keeping my Windows PC around for so at least we have that for now. I’ll give Catalina Patcher a try again in a few days :slight_smile: