Let’s get some reviews up on Apple Podcasts

I’ve been looking at the reviews of TWiT shows on Apple Podcasts and some of the reviews that show up are years out of date. It would be a way of paying something back to the great TWiT team if we could each post reviews of the shows we like, and help those shows be visible to new audiences. I’m going to get started on my favourites and work my way through all the shows I’m subscribed to - anyone willing to do the same?

3 Likes

Sounds like a marvelous Idea. I’ll join you.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Clayton. This stuff helps us out for sure :fist_right:t5:

2 Likes

One thing that could dilute the effect of our reviews is if they’re scattered across different entries for the same show. Obviously anyone who listens to an audio show would review the MP3, but for those who watch the video version, Apple Podcast listings appear to be a bit of a mess, with “Video Lo”, “Video Hi” and “Video HD” versions of each show. They all contain the same episodes, so hopefully they all point to the current single video feed. This is apart from “All TWiT.tv Shows” which has three separate entries labelled just “Video”.

@Leo, any preference regarding which video listing we should update when adding a review for a show we like? It would be a shame to lose the effect of an uptick in reviews by having them attached to different listings of the same show.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes between submitting a review and having it appear in the listing?

2 Likes

Well, I’ve now reviewed all the audio shows I’m subscribed to - just waiting for the uploads to appear.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Clayton :fist_right:t5:

2 Likes

Checking back over the TWiT blog posts I see that when the video feeds were rationalised everything was redirected to the HD feed, so that’s where I’ll add reviews for video shows, unless they’re already rationalised as just “Video”.

20 audio reviews down, 20 video reviews to go! :wink:

1 Like