Leo's On-Set Computer?

Curious, what is that giant Windows 10 based touchscreen you are using on TWiT? Is it an all-in-one, or something custom?

3 Likes

I think it’s a Lenovo Yoga A940. It’s an all-in-one that can tilt down like a drawing board. Leo used to use a Microsoft Surface Studio.

1 Like

That big touch screen desktop computer? That’s the Surface Studio.

2 Likes

He gave @ant_pruitt the Surface, I think. He switched to a Lenovo.

4 Likes

Yeah really fond of the Lenovo. The screen isn’t quite as good as the surface studio, but it’s better in every other respect, especially price:

Lenovo Yoga A940 27" - Iron Grey

● Processor: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor (3.20GHz, up to 4.60 GHz with Turbo boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
â—Ź Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
â—Ź Display Type: 27" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS, multi-touch
â—Ź Memory: 32 GB DDR4 2666MHz
â—Ź Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 RPM + 256GB SSD PCIe
● Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 560 4GB
â—Ź Camera: IR camera (Windows Hello capable)
â—Ź Keyboard: Wireless English Keyboard
â—Ź Pointing Device: Wireless Mouse and pen, 3-way scroll knob
● WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters: 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.2

Sub total: $1,839.99

Great speakers, HDMI out and in, Qi charger built in.

5 Likes

And I’ve had to drop the Surface and use my MSI laptop. More horsepower for editing

8 Likes

Ohh? I’m sure I saw that but I sure don’t remember it now… Oops!

2 Likes

It would be great to know what it’s like to do heavy graphics work on that.

2 Likes

Yeah, not a lot a horse power in that Surface Studio. Leo upgradeD SSD and RAM too. I think Surface Studio 2 is more powerful.

3 Likes

As mentioned when Leo first picked up the Surface Studio, it’s really a shame Microsoft doesn’t sell the touch screen as a standalone component. Great piece of hardware saddled by a mediocre SoC computer.

Also wish Leo would use tablet mode on these AIO desktop touch screens. The experience on touch screen devices dramatically improves in tablet mode!

2 Likes