Leo, need a new clock toy for the set?

I know how you seem to love gadgets @Leo, so here’s something to consider for set dressing:
https://millclock.com/zin18-clocks/

2 Likes

Oh, those are cool, they look like something from TechMoan.

1 Like

I would get one this instant if I could figure out how big they are. But it doesn’t say so anywhere on the site, which leads me to believe they’re too small for use on set.

3 Likes

Yeah Techmoan had one of these but I don’t think it was as expensive as that. It also wasn’t particularly big or bright if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I sent them a note asking them to put it in the FAQ. We shan’t hold our collect breath waiting for that to happen though shall we :wink:

Here is a similar option, but done with internal reflection in acrylic instead… not quite the same level of cool cyberpunk…

The sizes are here https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_695/v1543741524/jhafjtnzs34fjhrwkzor.png which are in metric, so let me translate it for you:
259mm = 10.2"
110mm = 4.3"
50mm = 2"

1 Like

It appears they have updated the web site with dimensions:

It is a foot wide, the digits are an inch and three quarters 1.75" tall, the whole clock is six and a quarter 6.25" tall and it’s just under 4" deep.

2 Likes

@Leo, given your history with chess, this might also appeal to you:

It appears that they make a newer model with a bigger individual tube for each digit, though they still don’t seem to be smart enough to add the entire dimensions of the thing on the page.
ZIN-70 Nixie Clock on Mapple wood base and Glass cover. Z568M pinout - Millclock They have other base choices, I chose this one because I wanted a close up look at “m apple” wood :wink: (Clearly English is a struggle for them.)

EDIT, oh I missed they had dimensions in one of the pictures:

19" x 5" x 7.5"

And here’s yet another different approach (from Techmoan) for these:

2 Likes

I want that! A lot better than a Nixie tube clock. At least cheaper, I hope.

Ordered. Watch for it on set! Thanks @PHolder!

4 Likes

I love the the new Nixie clock, so glad I get to enjoy it vicariously.

1 Like

I bought them both - and it’s your fault! :grin:

4 Likes

Anybody notice there appears to be 70 seconds in a minute? Must be because the date/temp is displayed within the minute.