HOP 1: Getting Started With Photography

Lol! I’ll have a shirt on in the future. Camera is all about feel in my world. Thanks for watching. We’ll get into manual mode REALLY soon. Maybe in two weeks at best.

1 Like

I too learn through trial and error without context. If people ask me about DOF, Shutter Speed, Aperture … I would have no idea how to explain but if they ask me how to take light-trails, i can actually show how to do it.

3 Likes

Well guess what we’re discussing Thursday on Ep2. Untitled-1

2 Likes

Hmmm… The Clemson tiger paw? :tiger: :wink:

2 Likes

#NailedIt
I admire your attn to detail :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ant_pruitt just watched episode and i learned alot in that short episode thanks. But I tried importing my photos into lightroom both jpeg and.dng and when.i.press the develop tab I don’t see that panel you are using to.edit the photo can you point me in right direction please. Also I don’t have a camera using a note 10+

sounds like you didn’t actually import anything. Feel free to share screen shot of your library screen. Thanks for watching :fist_right:t4:

Ok took photos of library and develop they are .dng files

Click on the right border. Looks like the menu is hidden. I’ve accidentally clicked on there and the little arrow hides it. Same for top menu.

1 Like

You can also see what’s activated via the Window menu

Any other northern hemisphere folks getting itchy for taking macro shots of flowers coming up? I noticed my neighbors crocus getting ready to bloom and I’m so stir crazy for spring after a long and snowy winter…even for Colorado…just can’t wait! I love taking macros of flowers, grasses, weeds…all of it!

Gotta say, I am madly in love with your photography shows, @ant_pruitt. Besides motivating me to take more pics, I’m learning so much! I’m very self taught and it’s nice to finally learn the legal language! Thank you!

4 Likes

THANKS for watching, @Pattylt. Macro photography will be discussed in the future. I’m working out some special details.

2 Likes

Too soon to get itchy; had -15 F this morning.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a balmy 7F when I walked the dog this am! I have cabin fever something awful! Colorado often has days where it hits mid 60’sF in winter but not this one…cold…snow…more cold…more snow…

Seeing the crocus popping up just made it worse! I’m tired of brown lawns and dirty snow piles! :woozy_face:

Sorry to hear about your abnormal winter. Thanks for sucking up the cold 'cause here in WI it’s been a pretty mild winter. It is supposed to into the mid 40s this weekend.

1 Like

You want it back! I’ll share. Colorado winters are never predictable and usually swing between below zero, blizzards and very sunny and mild…often within the same week. What’s unusual this winter is that it’s been so constant…lots of snows but no below zero and no occasional warm days! Just constant winter! :joy:

But, spring is sure to be around the corner soon cause I’m going stir crazy if it’s not! I’m sick of taking winter pictures!

1 Like