Hey folks share pics of your quarantine workspace

My big office upstairs with lots of crap and junk

And my small office, neat and quiet in a small room downstairs

7 Likes

There’s more bookshelves to the left. (Only half are in the photo.) Haven’t finished putting things away yet, so that’s why there’s still boxes with Cat5 on top on the right. That’s my niece’s art on the wall and will eventually be replaced with another framed certification once we actually get around to unpacking the rest of the wall art.

We moved in October, so if you think that should have been plenty of time to unpack, then you must not have a toddler. His new daycare was full, so we couldn’t even get him in until mid-December…and then he caught colds from the other kids and was out sick almost half the time until they shut it down in March. Now he’s stuck home with us…so we’ve been super busy!

As for the tech, that’s the infamous 2016 MacBook Pro hooked up to two Dell UltraSharp 27 USB-C monitors. You can also spot my Kensington PilotMouse Optical (which is my favorite mouse of all time and no longer sold, so I bought a second one a few years back while I still could.) My speakers (which I really need to hook up) are AppleDesign Powered Speakers from the mid-1990s.

7 Likes

Here’s my home office, which is exactly the same today as when this photo was taken 3 years ago:

And sometimes my informal work area is a corner of the kitchen table:

A lot of recycling of old equipment going on there.

5 Likes

Work laptop (HP Elitebook) docked. My tower under the desk is driving the (not great) computer speakers, playing Spotify, which I’m controlling from the tablet (has been replaced with an iPad Air). My favourite type of mouse mat - long cloth ones; Gigabyte gaming keyboard (needs replacing) and a Razer headset that I use for video conferences. Webcam is a Microsoft Lifecam that’s 7 or 8 years old that’s in desperate need of an upgrade. To the left (not in shot), would be the closet where the NBN fibre box comes in to the apartment, connects to my router and then out to the various data points.

7 Likes

I’m getting ready to redo my office. I should take before/after pictures. Since I work from home anyways, I might as well.

4 Likes

Great thread. Since making this video, I’ve made a few changes, but this is a close representation

5 Likes

Here is my setup. Please excuse the mess.

6 Likes

You should do that! It would be fun to see the transformation.

I promise i’m not rollin’ my eyes at your setup. :slight_smile: thanks for watching and sharing this pic

6 Likes

First time using my tablet to take a picture. Also, the last time I intend to take a picture using my tablet.

4 Likes

I’ve been working in my sunroom for almost a decade, only occasionally having to go into the office. My back yard view is amazing. This is one reason I’m always arguing with DH against downsizing. I live in paradise.

9 Likes

Hey Ant, “corners of junk” are a way of life - in my big office upstairs, corners of junk are well represented

3 Likes

MAC Mini

10 Likes

BEAUTIFUL setup and lighting

3 Likes

OK. Here are my before pictures.
Pretend the futon is on the left wall. My wife moved it for me when I told her I was redoing the room.

3 Likes

That glas desk looks like the same one I’m about to sell lol. I just bought a larger corner desk that is black glass. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice Phil!!!:+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

My workspace has been my office in the cellar since we bought the house over 10 years ago. It used to be a mish-mash of different old furniture. I made the desk myself, but it was plain wood and bowed in the middle under the weight of the monitor.

For Christmas last year, my wife gave me the white Ikea shelfing units at the back of the room. While I was out choosing them, I picked up a pair of Ikea height-adjustable desks that were in the sale. They were the right depth and length, and, bonus, they were in an end-of-line sale. They are only manually windable in the heigh adjustment from low sitting to standing (for an extra few hundred Euros, you can get electric version), but given i spend most of the time at a fixed height, the extra wasn’t worth it to me.

The chair is a German designed ergonomic one and is very comfortable - more comfortable than my office chair at work! But, thereagain, it probably cost more than the chair at work.

That is my desktop + monitor (Dell Ultrasharp 34" UW display and Ryzen 1700 PC) and my old laptop (HP Spectre X360 Skylake version from 2016). I push the Sprectre out of the way, when I’m working with my company laptop at home (mostly weekend maintenance work).

8 Likes

Damn, that’s nice! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is my gaming/coding throne. I have been slowly upgrading over time. Notice the amazing inbox zero. I’ve been an inbox zero master for years. My wife thinks its voodoo.

8 Likes