Hello & Good Bye to you all

I suppose this is the end for @MBWPicks. I guess Paul’s updates haven’t been completely reliable.

Has TWiT ever considered AI scraping MBW and other transcripts for picks and putting them in a digest? Is the amount of money from links too small, or is there a [perceived] conflict of interest?

Have you ever checked out the TWiT.tv web site for the shows? Such as The Streisand Effect where at the bottom you’d find:

Picks of the Week
Leo’s Pick: Homebrew
Jason & Andy’s Pick: Audio Hijack
Alex’s Pick: Korg NanoKontrol2

1 Like

Why yes, yes I have! I was asking something a bit different: providing affiliate links – like MBWPicks always did. I didn’t know if Leo felt that wasn’t worth the trouble or there was some perceived conflict of interest in serving up affiliate links on panel picks.

I have mixed feelings about affiliate links. I really don’t want that to influence the picks in any way but at the same time we have used Amazon affiliate links in the past. We would, of course, disclose it if we started using them again.

2 Likes

Don’t get like CNET with affiliate links. I dropped their RSS feed when it became full of “best - xxx” articles, which are just fishing for affiliate $$. Never saw a “best of” that didn’t have an Amazon link…